Rugged, High-Performance, Rugged 3U OpenVPX SBC with Intel® Xeon® D CPU
- Intel® Xeon® D with up to 16 Cores (12-core standard) (D-15xx)
- Up to 64 GB of DDR4 memory with ECC
- Optional fixed mSATA SSD for OS boot
- Two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports
- Two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP Offloading Engine
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d)
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Encryption and security via Intel® AES-NI encryption and TPM
- Developed in alignment with the SOSA™ Technical Standard.
I/O AND EXPANSION OPTIONS
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP Offloading Engine
- One buffered eSATA port
- One DVI/VGA output
- Two Serial Ports with RS-232/422/485 options
- Four buffered GPIO lines with interrupt capabilities
- One USB port to front for diagnostics and configuration
- One SAM™ site for custom I/O (MIL-STD-1553, GPS, etc.)
- 32MB of BIOS Flash for system parameters and user data
- Two x4 PCIe lanes, configurable as transparent or blocking
- Two x1 PCIe lanes to VPX-P2 for additional system I/O
- Fully compliant to OpenVPX™ 3U, VITA 46/47/48 standards
- +3.3V, +5V and +12V operation
- Two USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0
SWaP-E: Greatest computing density in one 3U OpenVPX card
Weight: 5 lbs.
Power: As low as 60W
MIL-STD: MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, MIL-STD-461F and DO-160D
Temperature: Operates up to extended temp -40°C to +85°C (Optional)
Ruggedness: Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5
The VPXC200 “Sparrow II” is a sixth-generation 3U OpenVPX embedded server module based on GMS’s upgradable CPU “computing engine” technology. It is designed to provide the highest level of multi-core server performance possible in a condution-cooled, single-slot OpenVPX slot. It may be operated in all OpenVPX backplanes compliant to VITA 46/47/48 backplanes/chassis with 0.8 pitch. The Sparrow II is the highest performance OpenVPX SBC in the market with vast I/O and upgradable CPU for extended life cycle.
Sparrow II supports the latest, most power-efficient Intel® Xeon® processor D with Hyper-Threading for a total of up to 16 physical cores (32 logical cores) operating up to 1.5GHz and having the ability to Turbo Boost up to 2.1GHz. To harvest this incredible performance, the CPU is coupled with up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM organized in two banks with ECC support. All these Xeon® D cores coupled with Sparrow II’s I/O can be used to create multiple virtual machines (VMs), replacing up to 32 separate single-processor systems. The Sparrow II is developed in alignment with the SOSA™ Technical Standard.
The Sparrow II is designed to provide the ultimate and first-of-its-kind micro-server class OpenVPX embedded server replacement of multiple legacy OpenVPX SBCs (x86 or PowerPC™) with a single module utilizing Intel’s Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d2). Furthermore, with the Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), the module is secure from unauthorized boot devices and unauthorized replications of the system.
The VPXC200 is ideal for defense applications, where investments have been made on an OpenVPX platform and where true hard “Real Time” is required. The Sparrow II may be ordered from the factory with operating systems such as Windows®, Linux®, or RTOS pre-installed.
Since its inception in 1979, General Micro Systems, Inc. (GMS) has been true to its mission statement: To Become the World’s Leading Technology Independent Supplier of Computing Engines, while Providing the Best Price/Performance, Quality and Customer Support, Demanded by Our Current and Our Future Customers.
All GMS products are proudly designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
General Micro Systems, Inc.
8358 Maple Pl. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
Local (909) 980-4863
Toll Free (800) 307-4863