Rugged, Low Profile Video Server with Intel® Xeon® E3 Workstation CPU and Dual 4K Video with GPGPU Co-processor, and Flexible I/O Expansion
- 3.0 GHz Intel® Quad Core™ Kaby Lake E3 Processor (E3-1505Mv6)
- Supports max Turbo Boost frequency of up to 4.0 GHz using Intel’s Turbo Boost Technology
- Up to 64 GB of DDR4 memory with ECC
- Up to 1 TB of fixed M.2 SSD (optional)
- Up to 4 TB of removable 2.5” SSD with SATA III or NVMe interface (optional)
- Removable Drive secured behind EMI/IP-rated door
- SSD drives support optional Encrypt/Secure Erase/Write Protect
- XMC-based expansion (substitute for MXM – optional)
I/O AND EXPANSION OPTIONS
- Three 1 Gigabit and two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP Offloading Engine (TOE)
- Four USB 2.0 ports with power; four USB 3.0 ports
- One VGA video port from Intel processor
- One HD Video/DVI-D video port from Intel processor
- Two HD Video/DVI ports from optional primary dedicated GPU (on MXM)
- Two serial ports with RS-232/422/485 options with support for BIOS re-direct
- 8 buffered general purpose I/O lines (TTL); watchdog timer
- Full HD audio support with onboard 5 W amp, plus mic input (uses some SAM I/O lines)
- One SAM™ site for custom I/O (MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, Frame Grabber, etc.)
- Dual MXM sites: Type A/B, MXM 3.0 for add-in GPU (secondary graphics) or GPGPU (co-processor)
- Optional MXM supplemental graphics: baseline GPU with 4 GB and ~2.3 TFLOPS
- Optional MXM-based AI accelerator: GPGPU with 16 GB of memory and up to 8.7 TFLOPS performance
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d2) and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 for secure operation
- Full power-management control for sleep/hibernate operation
- CPU temperature and voltage monitoring with status LED indicators
- Up to 32 MB of BIOS flash for system parameters and user data
- Reset and power on/off signal with suspend support
- Power conditioning module (PCM) for “dirty power” regulation from 16-36VDC (optional)
- SecureDNA™ security suite including Write Protect and Secure Erase to all non-volatile storage, BIOS erasure, all firmware erasure
- External Secure-Erase trigger and status signals
- Anti-Tamper switch on system chassis
- Flexible I/O expansion: dual MXM Type A/B MXM 3.0 for graphics and GPGPU
- Optional SAM I/O™ PCIe-Mini site for 1553, ARINC-429, etc.
- Optional radiator for convection cooling
SWaP-E: Unmatched density (cores and RAM) in one footprint
Size: 10.0” x 5.38” x 2.6”
Weight: 7 lbs.
Power: As low as 35 W (idle)
Optional Power: 110VAC 60/400Hz; MIL-STD-704 with 50 ms hold-up
MIL-STD: MIL-STD 810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD 461E and IP66 compliant (Optional separate MIL-STD-704F AC PSU with 50 ms hold-up)
Temperature: Operates up to extended temp -20°C to +70°C (-40°C to +85°C Optional)
Ruggedness: Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5
The S1202-XVE “Peacock III” is a third-generation, ultra-rugged, small, lightweight workstation computer system with up to two GPU sites for MXM 3.0 graphics expansion or GPGPU algorithm processing. It is designed to provide a rugged system optimized for the lowest cost and weight in a fully sealed case, while providing the highest level of workstation performance possible in a fully ruggedized, conduction-cooled, sealed system, operating up to -40°C to +85°C (-20°C to +70°C standard).
This system is designed for applications that require a small enclosure with the highest possible performance per dollar and per watt while utilizing rugged interconnects to provide a fully sealed system. This system can also be equipped with an optional radiator system that can cool the system with front to back air cooling.
Peacock III supports the Kaby Lake Intel® Core™ i7 (E3-1505Mv6) processor with Hyper-Threading for a total of 8 logical cores, each operating at 3.0 GHz with the ability to Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz. The CPU is coupled with up to 64 GB of RAM organized in two banks that support error correcting code (ECC).
The S1202-XVE standard configuration supports three 1 GigE and two 10 GigE channels with a TCP/IP offloading engine (TOE), four USB 2.0 ports with power, four USB 3.0 ports, eight buffered digital I/O lines, one DVI/HD Video and one RGB video port, and full HD audio with a 5 W audio amplifier and mic-in. Additional I/O functions include one expansion I/O site (SAM™) for I/O such as GPS, Video capture, CANbus, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, and more on a PCIe-mini card.
Peacock III also includes the most secure storage subsystem possible. The system supports M.2 as a boot device, removable 2.5” SATA or NVMe SSD, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0, Secure Erase/Write Protect/Encryption SSDs and discrete triggers for Secure Erase and Write Protect and encryption up to FIPS-140-2. There are hard-wired status/Secure Erase signals used for total system cyber security.
The graphics subsystem is provided by native Intel Graphics Processing (IGP) plus a separate optional primary GPU. There is one HD Video/DVI output plus one HD analog (VGA) output via IGP, plus dual 4K/UHD outputs via the primary (optional) MXM. A second MXM 3.0 site provides additional graphics outputs or GPGU co-processing with up to 8.7 TFLOPS algorithm capability.
Since its inception in 1979, General Micro Systems, Inc. (GMS) has been true to its mission statement: To Become the World’s Leading Technology Independent Supplier of Computing Engines, while Providing the Best Price/Performance, Quality and Customer Support, Demanded by Our Current and Our Future Customers.
All GMS products are proudly designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
General Micro Systems, Inc.
8358 Maple Pl. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
Local (909) 980-4863
Toll Free (800) 307-4863