Rugged, Low Profile Video Server and Mission Computer with Intel® Xeon E3 Workstation CPU, Video Frame Grabber, and Dual 4K Video with GPGPU Co-processors, plus Flexible I/O Expansion
- 3.0 GHz Intel® Quad Core™ Kaby Lake E3 Processor (E3-1505Mv6)
- Supports max Turbo Boost frequency of up to 4.0 GHz
- Up to 64 GB of DDR4 memory with ECC
- Up to 1 TB of fixed M.2 SSD (optional)
- Up to 4 TB of removable 2.5” SSD with SATA III or NVMe interface (optional)
- Removable Drive secured behind EMI/IP-rated door
- SSD drives support optional Encrypt/Secure Erase/Write Protect
- XMC-based expansion (substitute for MXM - optional, chassis is larger)
I/O AND EXPANSION OPTIONS
- Four 1 Gigabit and two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP Offloading Engine (TOE)
- Dual CameraLink frame grabber input (fiber or copper)
- Four USB 2.0 ports with power; four USB 3.0 ports
- One VGA video port from Intel processor
- One HD Video/DVI-D video port from Intel processor
- Two HD Video/DVI ports from optional primary dedicated GPU (on MXM, as shown in block diagram)
- Two serial ports with RS-232/422/485 options with support for BIOS re-direct
- 8 buffered general purpose I/O lines (TTL)
- Watchdog timer
- Full HD audio support with onboard 5 W amp, plus mic input (uses some SAM I/O lines)
- One SAM™ site for custom I/O (MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, HD-SDI, NTSC, etc.)
- One optional MXM Type A and B for graphics (provides Video 3 & Video 4)
- One optional MXM 3.0 slot for add-in GPGPU with 16 GB of memory and up to 8.7 TFLOPS performance (4 GB/2.3 TFLOPS for the baseline MXM GPU)
- Intel® Virtualization Tech (VT-x/VT-d2) and Trusted Execution Tech (TXT)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 for secure operation
- Full power-management control for sleep/hibernate operation
- CPU temperature and voltage monitoring with status LED indicators
- Up to 32 MB of BIOS flash for system parameters and user data
- Reset and power on/off signal with suspend support
- Power conditioning module (PCM) for “dirty power” regulation from 16-36VDC (optional)
- SecureDNA™ security suite including Write Protect and Secure Erase to all non-volatile storage, BIOS erasure, all firmware erasure; Secure Boot
- External Secure-Erase trigger and status signals
- Anti-Tamper switch on system chassis (optional)
- Flexible I/O expansion: second MXM 3.0 for graphics/GPGPU, plus one SAM I/O™ PCIe-Mini site
- Optional radiator for convection cooling or avionics tray
- Flight certified for avionics mission/sensor processing
SWaP-E: Unmatched density (cores and RAM) in one footprint
Size: 10.0” x 7.75” x 2.6”
Weight: 11 lbs.
Power: As low as 35 W (idle)
Optional Power: 110VAC 60/400Hz; MIL-STD-704 with 50 ms hold-up (self-contained in “PHEASANT”)
MIL-STD: MIL-STD 810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD 461E and IP66 compliant (Optional separate MIL-STD-704F AC PSU with 50 ms hold-up)
Temperature: Operates up to extended temp -20°C to +70°C (-40°C to +85°C optional)
Ruggedness: Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5
The S1202-FG “Pheasant” is a third-generation, ultra-rugged, small lightweight workstation server, mission computer sensor processing system with up to two GPU sites for MXM 3.0 graphics expansion or GPGPU algorithm processing. It is designed to provide a rugged package optimized for the lowest cost and weight in a fully sealed case, while providing the highest level of processing performance possible in a fully ruggedized, conduction-cooled, sealed system, operating up to -40°C to +85°C (-20°C to +70°C standard).
The system is designed to optimize SWAP (size, weight, and power) in deployed platforms such as aircraft, UAVs, space-constrained ground vehicles, or any application that demands high performance and lots of I/O in a small footprint. Designed for conduction cooling via the base, an optional radiator can also cool the system with front-to-back air cooling.
Pheasant supports the Kaby Lake© Intel® Core i7 (E3-1505Mv6) processor with Hyper-Threading for a total of 8 logical cores, each operating at 3.0 GHz with the ability to Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz. The CPU is coupled with up to 65 GB of RAM organized in two banks that support error correcting code (ECC).
The S1202-FG standard configuration supports four 1GbE and two 10GbE channels with a TCP/IP offloading engine (TOE), four USB 2.0 ports with power, four USB 3.0 ports, eight buffered DIO lines, one DVI/DHMI and one RGB video port, dual CameraLink inputs (fiber or copper), and full HD audio with a 5W audio amplifier and mic input. There is one SAM I/O™ site (PCIe-Mini) for additional I/O such as GPS, HD-SDI, NTSC video, CANbus, ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553, serial I/O, and more.
Pheasant also includes the most secure storage subsystem possible. The product supports M.2 as a boot device, a removable 2.5” SATA or NVMe SSD, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 for root of trust, Secure Erase / Write Protect (SE/WP) and encryption SSDs, and discrete triggers for SE / WP and encryption to Opal-197 or FIPS-140-2 media. There are hard-wired status/ Secure Erase signals available for whole-system cyber-security.
The graphics and GPU subsystems are anchored by Intel Graphics Processing (IGP) plus a separate optional primary GPU MXM. There is one HD Video/DVI output plus one HD analog (VGA) output via IGP, plus an additional two 4K/UHD outputs via the primary (optional) MXM. A second MXM 3.0 site provides additional graphics outputs or GPGPU co-processing with up to 8.7 TFLOPS of algorithm processing. The system can be fitted with an optional XMC mezzanine module for additional I/O and a slightly larger chassis.
Since its inception in 1979, General Micro Systems, Inc. (GMS) has been true to its mission statement: To Become the World’s Leading Technology Independent Supplier of Computing Engines, while Providing the Best Price/Performance, Quality and Customer Support, Demanded by Our Current and Our Future Customers.
All GMS products are proudly designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
General Micro Systems, Inc.
8358 Maple Pl. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
Local (909) 980-4863
Toll Free (800) 307-4863