Rugged Intel® Xeon® D Server with Extreme Video System and Removable Drive
- Intel® Xeon® processor D with up to 16 Cores (12 Cores standard); up to 12MB of Cache (D-15xx)
- Up to 64GB of DDR4 memory with ECC
- Supports optional AMD Radeon™ embedded GPU E8860, up to 768 GFLOPS
- Supports optional NVIDIA™ embedded GPU M2000M, up to 1.32 TFLOPS
- Optional fixed M.2 SSD for OS boot (optional encrypt/secure erase/write-protect)
- One removable 2.5” SATA/NVMe SSD or one removable canister (optional encrypt/secure erase/write-protect)
- Canister fully seals SSDs with a rugged mating connector allowing over 20,000 insertion cycles
- Canister includes up to four 2.5” SATA or NVMe SSDs (optional encrypt/secure erase/write-protect)
- Drive bay is sealed even when canister is removed
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d2) and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
I/O and Expansion Options
- Two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports (Copper)
- Three Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP offloading for system management
- Three USB 3.0 ports
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- One DVI/VGA port
- Two Serial ports with RS-232/422/485 options
- Four DisplayPort and two SMPTE 292M SDI out via mini-BNC connectors from MXM module
- Eight buffered Digital I/O (DIO) lines
- Two SAM™ sites for custom I/O (MIL-STD-1553, Wi-Fi/BT, GPS, etc.)
- 32MB flash BIOS with optional write-protect/secure erase and battery-less operation
- Real Time Clock (RTC) with field-replaceable battery
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 for secure operation
- Panic support for system Zeroize via Secure Erase of mass storage and BIOS (optional)
SWaP-E (Size, Weight and Power – Efficiency)
- Industry’s highest computing density, graphics processing, cores, RAM and storage in one footprint
- Ultra-low SWaP at 5.4” x 6.5” x 3.5”, @ 7 lbs. and as low as 80W
- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E, IP66 compliant
- Operates up to extended temp -40°C to +85°C (Optional)
- Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5
The S2002-XV “Peacock II” is an 8 to 16-core Xeon® D server that utilizes an extreme video processing module that is intended for military/defense/aerospace with greatest SWaP-Efficiency (SWaP-E) on the market due to its compact size and robust computing, high performance video processing, networking, and I/O performance. With the onboard 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, Peacock II is an ideal forwardly-deployed vehicle-mounted battlefield server that offers greatest reliability in the smallest packaging. Alternatively, the S2002-XV is an ideal airborne network server that can also drive multiple high-resolution operator consoles, such as in an ELINT platform, while recording data and distributing it to multiple Ethernet LANs.
Peacock II can also be used in industrial and commercial platforms since it has server-class performance, video processing and output, exceptional I/O capabilities and removable storage. It can be mounted virtually anywhere—including on telephone poles and powered by solar panels to form an outside surveillance server or Internet-of-Things (IoT) Intelligent Gateway. The S2002-XV is fully compliant to MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E and has ingress protection up to IP66. This system may also be ordered from the factory with operating systems such as Windows® or Linux® pre-installed.
As a member of the “Server Room in a Box” family of Xeon® D-based small form factor products, the S2002-XV “Peacock II” is an ultra-rugged, small, lightweight server system with “extreme” video graphics, up to 16 CPU cores and rugged removable canister for up to four drives. It is designed to provide Xeon® D class servers with high-performance video capability while providing the highest level of workstation performance possible in a fully ruggedized, conduction-cooled, sealed system, operating from -40°C to +85°C. This system architecture simplifies deployable MIL-SPEC technology consolidating the server, video processing/GPU, network access, mass storage and high-speed I/O in a small, ultra-rugged enclosure with the greatest possible performance per dollar and per watt.
The S2002-XV supports the latest, most power-efficient Intel® Xeon® processor D with Hyper-Threading for a total of up to 16 physical cores (32 logical cores) operating up to 1.5GHz and having the ability to Turbo Boost up to 2.1GHz. To harvest this incredible CPU performance, the CPU is coupled with up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM organized in two banks with ECC support (2-bit error detection and 1-bit error correction). All these Xeon® D cores coupled with Peacock II’s I/O can be used to create multiple virtual machines (VMs) allowing a single Peacock II system to replace up to 32 separate single-processor systems.
The extreme video capability is generated via one MXM site that supports NVIDIA®- and AMD®-based GPUs. AMD® Radeon™ embedded GPU E8860 provides up to 768 GFLOPS and NVIDIA™ embedded GPU M2000M provides up to 1.32 TFLOPS. Video output is accessed through two mini-BNC connectors for SDI capability and/or up to four DisplayPort.
The I/O subsystem on the S2002-XV is designed to accommodate a wide array of standard and custom I/O functions. There are two 10Gigabit Ethernet ports, three Gigabit Ethernet ports, three USB 3.0 ports, four USB 2.0 ports, eight buffered digital I/O lines, one RGB video port (VGA/DVI), and two Serial ports with RS-232/422/485 options. Expansion options include two SAM™ I/O sites (Special Application Module) for custom I/O such as Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, GPS, Quad Video capture, CANbus, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, and more. SAM I/O offers legacy system interfaces as well as the ability to add future upgrades.
The Peacock II also offers the most secure storage subsystem possible. It supports up to 32MB BIOS Flash with hardware write protect and secure erase. The onboard fixed M.2 boot device and removable storage of either one 2.5” SATA or NVMe SSD or one removable canister which can hold up to four 2.5” SATA or NVMe SSD drives. The S2002-XV can optionally support FIPS-140-2 and FIPS-197 encryption standards for ultra-secure data storage. These data security functions, along with the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 and Intel’s Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), make the Peacock II the smallest and most secure system on the market.
Peacock II's canister is designed for removable data collection and/or recording from sensors, video feeds, network interfaces and other onboard I/O. Equipped with up to four SATA or NVMe (PCI Express) drives, Intel® RST software RAID can be employed for reliability or striping, or the drives can be written to independently. When removed, the drive bay remains closed, maintaining EMI and moisture integrity inside the box. Maximum storage capacity is currently 8 TB and is market dependent.
The Peacock II utilizes the latest Intel® Xeon® processor D CPU, which Intel® slots between the Xeon® E3 and Xeon® E5 server processors. Xeon® processor D is ideal for microservers and embedded platforms, boasting up to 12 cores/24 threads (16 cores in commercial temperature) and advanced thermal management. The Xeon® D supports Hyper-Threading for a total of 24 logical cores (32 logical cores in commercial temperature) and supports 18MB of cache shared among the cores. The processor clocks up to 1.5GHz per core (12-core version) with Turbo Boosting up to 2.1GHz. On Peacock II, the Xeon® D CPU also supports 64GB of DDR4 RAM with ECC. The Xeon® D processor is considered the most powerful per-watt server class processor on the market, with many added power-saving features. It also boasts Xeon® E5 server class RAS features like PCIe hot-plug and CMCI. Xeon® processor D also contains security functions such as Intel’s second-generation Virtualization Technology VT-x and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT). The Xeon® D platform supports PCI Express Gen 3, USB 3.0 and SATA 3 for the highest performance possible on a server platform.
The Peacock II system is equipped with GMS’s patent-pending RuggedCool™ technology, the industry’s most unique conduction cooling system promising system operation over -40°C to +85°C. RuggedCool™ provides the lowest thermal resistance to the case, keeping the CPU within temperature limits at full load, while still providing the highest shock specifications known in the industry. The S2002-XV is a stand-alone, fan-less system and should be mounted directly to a metal cold plate surface that provides a reliable conductive thermal path