Two Fully Isolated Rugged Servers with Intel® Xeon® D and Removable Drives
- Fully supports Multi-Domain, NSA-secure architecture
- Dual fully isolated MIL-STD-1275 power between red/black domains
- Two fully-independent systems (Red/Black) each with:
- Intel® Xeon® processor D with up to 16 Cores (12 Cores standard); up to 12MB of Cache (D-15xx)
- Up to 64GB of DDR4 memory with ECC
- Optional fixed M.2 SSD for OS boot (optional encrypt/secure erase/write-protect)
- One removable 2.5” SATA or NVMe SSD with door (optional encrypt/secure erase/write-protect)
- Drive bay is sealed even when drive is removed
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d2) and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
I/O and Expansion Options for Each Domain
- Two 10Gigabit Ethernet ports (Copper)
- Three Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP offloading for system management
- Three USB 3.0 ports
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- Two Serial ports with RS-232/422/485 options
- One DVI/VGA port
- Eight buffered Digital I/O (DIO) lines
- Two SAM™ sites for custom I/O (MIL-STD-1553, Wi-Fi/BT, GPS, etc.)
- 32 MB flash BIOS with optional write-protect/secure erase and battery-less operation
- Real Time Clock (RTC) with field-replaceable battery
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 for secure operation
- Panic support for system Zeroize via Secure Erase of mass storage and BIOS (optional)
SWaP-E (Size, Weight and Power – Efficiency)
- Greatest computing density with multiple independent computers, cores and RAM in one footprint
- Ultra-low SWaP at 5.4” x 6.5” x 4”, @ 8 lbs. and as low as 100W
- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E, IP66 compliant
- Operates up to extended temp -40°C to +75°C (Optional)
- Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5 (full R4/R5 requires GMS thermal accessory)
The SB2002-MD multi-domain Golden Eyes II is two complete 16-core Xeon® D server sub-systems packaged together but electrically isolated, including their separate power supplies. Golden Eyes II is intended for military/defense/aerospace Red/Black networks—such as found on platforms with SIPR/NIPR networks. With the onboard 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, Golden Eyes II is an ideal forwardly-deployed vehicle-mounted battlefield dual-server that offers double performance or redundancy. Alternatively, the S2002-MD is an ideal airborne network multi-domain server that can also drive operator consoles, such as in an ELINT platform, while recording data and distributing it to multiple Ethernet LANs.
Golden Eyes II can also be used in industrial and commercial platforms since it has server-class performance, exceptional I/O capabilities and removable storage. It can be mounted virtually anywhere—including on telephone poles and powered by solar panels to form an outside surveillance server or Internet-of-Things (IoT) Intelligent Gateway. The SB2002-MD is fully compliant to MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E and has ingress protection up to IP66. This system may also be ordered from the factory with operating systems such as Windows® or Linux® pre-installed.
As a member of the “Server Room in a Box” family of Xeon® D-based small form factor products, the S2002-MD “Golden-Eyes II” is an ultra-rugged, small, lightweight multi-domain server system with up to 16 CPU cores and removable drives. It is designed to provide two fully-independent and isolated high-performance servers in one box while providing the highest level of workstation performance possible in a fully ruggedized, conduction-cooled, sealed system, operating from -40°C to +75°C (wider temperature range optional). Even the power supplies are separately isolated. This system architecture simplifies deployable MIL-SPEC technology by Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS), Red/Black network separation, or redundancy, while integrating processing, storage and high-speed I/O in a small, ultra-rugged enclosure with the greatest possible performance per dollar and per watt.
The SB2002-MD contains two system domains in one box: a Red domain and a Black domain. Each domain supports the latest, most power-efficient Intel® Xeon® processor D with Hyper-Threading for a total of up to 16 physical cores (32 logical cores) operating up to 1.5GHz and having the ability to Turbo Boost up to 2.1GHz. To harvest this incredible CPU performance, each CPU is coupled with up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM organized in two banks with ECC support (2-bit error detection and 1-bit error correction). All these Xeon® D cores coupled with Golden-Eyes II’s I/O can be used to create multiple virtual machines (VMs) allowing a single Golden-Eyes II system to replace up to 32 separate single-processor systems.
The I/O subsystem for each of the two Golden Eyes II domains is designed to accommodate a wide array of standard and custom I/O functions. Each SB2002-MD domain supports two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, three Gigabit Ethernet ports, three USB 3.0 ports, four USB 2.0 ports, eight buffered digital I/O lines, one RGB video port (DVI/VGA), and two Serial ports with RS-232/422/485 options. Expansion options include two SAM™ I/O sites (Special Application Module) for custom I/O such as Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, GPS, Quad Video capture, CANbus, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, and more. SAM I/O offers legacy system interfaces as well as the ability to add future upgrades.
The Golden-Eyes II also offers the most secure storage subsystem possible. It supports up to 32 MB BIOS Flash with hardware-write protect and secure erase. The onboard fixed M.2 boot device and removable 2.5” SATA or NVMe SSD drive provides optional hardware write-protect, Secure Erase and encryption functions. The S2002-MD can optionally support FIPS-140-2 and FIPS-197 encryption standards for ultra-secure data storage. These data security functions, along with the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 and Intel’s Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), make the Golden-Eyes II the smallest and most secure multi-domain system on the market.
The Golden-Eyes II utilizes the latest Intel® Xeon® processor D CPU, which Intel® slots between the Xeon® E3 and Xeon® E5 server processors. Xeon® processor D is ideal for microservers and embedded platforms, boasting up to 12 cores/24 threads (16 cores in commercial temperature) and advanced thermal management. The Xeon® D supports Hyper-Threading for a total of 24 logical cores (32 logical cores in commercial temperature) and supports 18MB of cache shared among the cores. The processor clocks up to 1.5GHz per core (12-core version) with Turbo Boosting up to 2.1GHz. On Golden-Eyes II, the Xeon® D CPU also supports 64GB of DDR4 RAM with ECC. The Xeon® D processor is considered the most powerful per-watt server-class processor on the market, with many added power-saving features. It also boasts Xeon® E5 server class RAS features like PCIe hot-plug and CMCI. Xeon® processor D also contains security functions such as Intel’s second-generation Virtualization Technology VT-x and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT). The Xeon® D platform supports PCI Express Gen 3, USB 3.0 and SATA 3 for the highest performance possible on a server platform.
The Golden-Eyes II system is equipped with GMS’s patent-pending RuggedCool™ technology, the industry’s most unique conduction cooling system promising system operation over -40°C to +85°C. RuggedCool™ provides the lowest thermal resistance to the case, keeping the CPU within temperature limits at full load, while still providing the highest shock specifications known in the industry. The S2002-MD is a stand-alone, fan-less system and should be mounted directly to a metal cold plate surface that provides a reliable conductive thermal path.