Rugged, Low Profile Server with Intel® Xeon® D and Removable Drive
- Intel® Xeon® processor D with up to 16 cores (D-15xx)
- Up to 64 GB of DDR4 ECC memory
- One removable 2.5” SATA or NVMe SSD
- Removable drive door for a sealed drive bay
- Optional fixed M.2 SSD for operating system
- Two 10 Gigabit and three 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Three USB 3.0 ports and four USB 2.0 ports
- Two serial ports with RS-232/422/485 options
- One VGA port and eight buffered Digital I/O (DIO) lines
- Two SAM™ sites for expansion I/O or mSATA SSD
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d)
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Intel Enhanced SpeedStep Technology and configurable TDP
- Encryption and security via Intel® Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM)
I/O AND EXPANSION OPTIONS
- Two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports (Copper)
- Three Gigabit Ethernet ports w/ TCP/IP offloading
- Two Serial ports with RS-232/422/485 options
- One DVI/VGA port
- Eight buffered Digital I/O (DIO) lines
- Two SAM™ I/O sites (MIL-STD-1553, Wi-Fi/BT, GPS, etc.)
- 32 MB flash BIOS w/ write-protect/secure erase
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 for secure operation
- Panic support for system Zeroize
SWaP-E: Unmatched density (cores, RAM and storage) in one footprint
Size: 5.4” x 6.5” x 2.26”
Weight: 5 lbs.
Power: As low as 60 W
MIL-STD: MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, MIL-STD-461F, DO-160D, IP67 compliant
Temperature: Operates up to extended temp -40° C to +85° C (Optional)
Ruggedness: Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5
As a member of the “Server Room in a Box” family of Xeon® D-based small form factor products, the S2002-HS “Golden-Eye Plus” is an ultra-rugged, low profile, lightweight server system with up to 16 CPU cores and a removable drive. It is designed to provide the highest level of server performance possible in a fully ruggedized, conduction-cooled, sealed system, operating from -40° C to +85° C.
The S2002-HS supports the latest, most power-efficient Intel® Xeon® processor D with Hyper-Threading for a total of up to 16 physical cores (32 logical cores) operating up to 1.5 GHz and having the ability to Turbo Boost up to 2.1 GHz. To harvest this incredible performance, the CPU is coupled with up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM organized in two banks with ECC support (2-bit error detection and 1-bit error correction). All these Xeon® D cores coupled with Golden-Eye Plus’s I/O can be used to create multiple virtual machines (VMs) allowing a single Golden-Eye Plus system to replace up to 32 separate single-processor systems.
The S2002-HS “Golden-Eye Plus” is an 8 to 16-core Xeon® D server intended for commercial, industrial, military, defense, and aerospace applications with greatest SWaP-Efficiency (SWaP-E) on the market due to its compact size and robust computing and I/O performance. With the onboard 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, Golden-Eye Plus is an ideal forwardly deployed vehicle-mounted battlefield server that offers greatest reliability in the smallest packaging. Golden-Eye Plus can also be used in industrial and commercial platforms since it has server-class performance, exceptional I/O capabilities and removable storage. It can be mounted virtually anywhere—including on telephone poles and powered by solar panels to form an outside surveillance server or Internet-of-Things (IoT) Intelligent Gateway. The S2002-HS is fully compliant to MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461F and has ingress protection up to IP67. This system may also be ordered from the factory with operating systems such as Windows® or Linux® pre-installed.
Since its inception in 1979, General Micro Systems, Inc. (GMS) has been true to its mission statement: To Become the World’s Leading Technology Independent Supplier of Computing Engines, while Providing the Best Price/Performance, Quality and Customer Support, Demanded by Our Current and Our Future Customers.
All GMS products are proudly designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
General Micro Systems, Inc.
8358 Maple Pl. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
Local (909) 980-4863
Toll Free (800) 307-4863