Two Fully Isolated Rugged Servers with Intel® Kaby Lake-H Xeon® E3 Workstation CPU and 3-Head 4K HD-SDI Video
- Fully supports Multi-Domain, NSA-secure architecture
- Two fully-independent systems (Red/Black) each with:
- 3.0GHz Intel® Xeon® E3 (Kaby Lake, 7th Generation Core™) processor with 4 Cores and Turbo Boost 2.0; 8MB of Smart Cache (E3-15xxM V6)
- Up to 64GB of DDR4 memory with ECC
- 3-head Intel® HD Graphics P630 with GT2, 8-bit VP9 8-bit CODEC, 10-bit HEVC (H.265) CODEC
- Support for DirectX 11/12, OpenGL 4.3/4.4, ES 2.0, and OCL 2.x
- Video resolution up to 4096 x 2304 (4K and UHD) at 60Hz via DisplayPort
- One removable 2.5” SATA or NVMe SSD with door (optional encrypt/secure erase/write-protect)
- Drive bay is sealed even when drive is removed
- Optional fixed M.2 SSD for OS boot (optional encrypt/secure erase/write-protect)
- Support for future Intel® OPTANE™ M.2 memory
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d) and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Intel Enhanced SpeedStep Technology and configurable TDP (cTDP) for improved thermal management
- Encryption and security via Intel® AES-NI encryption and Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM)
I/O and Expansion Options (per Domain)
- Two 10Gigabit Ethernet ports (Copper)
- Three 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP offloading (TOE)
- Three USB 3.0 ports
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- Two Serial ports with RS-232/422/485 options
- One VGA video port (omit one pair HD-SDI channels)
- Three ports of 3 Gbits/s long-reach, uncompressed video via SMPTE 3G-SDI (dual-channel, 424M). Lose VGA if six channels used
- Optional video configurations for SMPTE 425-3 and 425-5 HD-SDI video ports
- Eight buffered Digital I/O (DIO) lines
- HD Audio with Mic, Headphones and Amplified Mono Speaker Out
- Two SAM™ sites for custom I/O (MIL-STD-1553, Wi-Fi/BT, GPS, etc.)
- 32 MB BIOS with optional write-protect
- Real Time Clock (RTC) with field-replaceable battery
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 for secure boot operation
- Panic/Tamper support for system Zeroize via Secure Erase of mass storage and BIOS (optional)
SWaP-E (Size, Power and Weight – Efficiency)
- Greatest computing density with multiple independent computers, cores and RAM in one footprint
- Ultra-low SWaP at 5.4” x 6.5” x 4”, @ 10 lbs. and as low as 120W
- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E, IP66 compliant
- Operates up to extended temp -40°C to +75°C (Optional)
- Operation at +85°C requires the use of a GMS Smart Radiator
- Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5
The S1202-MD multi-domain Golden-Eyes is two complete 4-core Xeon® E3 server sub-systems packaged together but electrically isolated, including their separate power supplies. Golden-Eyes is intended for military/defense/aerospace Red/Black networks—such as found on platforms with SIPR/NIPR networks. With the onboard 1 and 10Gigabit Ethernet ports, Golden-Eyes is an ideal forwardly-deployed vehicle-mounted battlefield dual-server that offers double performance or redundancy in a single conduction cooled chassis. Golden-Eyes can also be used in industrial and commercial platforms since it has server-class performance, exceptional I/O capabilities and removable storage. It can be mounted virtually anywhere—including on telephone poles and powered by solar panels to form an outside surveillance server or Internet-of-Things Intelligent Gateway. The S1202-MD is fully compliant to MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E and has ingress protection up to IP66. This system may also be ordered from the factory with operating systems such as Windows® or Linux® pre-installed.
The S1202-MD “Golden-Eyes” is a third generation ultra-rugged, small, lightweight multi-domain workstation/server/graphics processor with the latest Intel® E3 Xeon® processor, multi-head 4K graphics, and one removable drive per domain. It is designed to provide two fully independent and isolated high-performance servers in one box while providing the highest level of workstation performance possible in a fully ruggedized, conduction-cooled, sealed system, operating from -40°C to +75°C. Even the power supplies are separately isolated. This system architecture simplifies applications that require the highest computing density with requirements such as Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS), Red/Black network separation, or redundancy in a small, ultra-rugged enclosure with the greatest possible performance per dollar and per watt and high definition uncompressed long-reach video. Golden-Eyes also offers Intel’s very best embedded graphics performance with Intel’s 3-head HD Graphics P630 controller, which is superior over any previous embedded Intel® graphics controller.
The S1202-MD contains two system domains in one box: a Red domain and a Black domain. Each domain supports the latest, most power-efficient Intel® Kaby Lake-H workstation processor with Hyper-Threading (also called Intel® Xeon® E3-15xxM V6) for a total of up to four physical cores (eight logical cores) operating up to 3.0 GHz and using Intel’s Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 4.0GHz. To harvest this incredible CPU performance, the CPU is coupled with up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM organized in two banks with ECC support (2-bit error detection and 1-bit error correction). These Kaby Lake Xeon® E3 cores coupled with Golden-Eyes' I/O can be used to create multiple virtual machines (VMs) allowing a single Golden-Eyes system to replace up to 8 separate single-processor systems per domain.
A significantly unique capability of the S1202-MD is the triple-head (3) graphics output, available to the designer in a variety of ways on each domain. Independent native resolutions up to 4K UHD (60 Hz) are possible with 10-bit color and a variety of industry-standard CODECs. If needed, HDCP and other DRM formats are built in. As well, Golden-Eyes is equipped with six HD-SDI BNC connectors that implement uncompressed broadcast-quality SMPTE 3G-SDI video (dual-channel HD-SDI) in a variety of SMPTE formats. Besides the 3 Gbits/s data rates, COAX cables can route video over tens of meters with the right cable choice. A console quality VGA port is included, at the loss of one dual-channel 3G-SDI port.
The I/O subsystem for each of the two Golden-Eyes domains is designed to accommodate a wide array of standard and custom I/O functions. Each S1202-MD domain supports two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, three 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports, three USB 3.0 ports, four USB 2.0 ports, eight buffered digital I/O lines, one VGA port, six SMPTE 424M (425-3 and 425-5 are Optional) HD-SDI video ports and two Serial ports with RS-232/422/485 options. Expansion options include two SAM™ I/O sites (Special Application Module) for custom I/O such as Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, GPS, Quad Video capture, CANbus, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, and more. SAM I/O offers legacy system interfaces as well as the ability to add future upgrades.
The Golden-Eyes also offers the most secure storage subsystem possible. Each domain supports up to 32MB BIOS Flash with hardware-write protect and secure erase. The onboard optional fixed M.2 boot device and removable 2.5” SATA or NVMe SSD drive provides optional hardware write-protect, ATA Secure Erase and encryption functions. The S1202-MD can optionally support FIPS-140-2 and FIPS-197 encryption standards for ultra-secure data storage. These data security functions, along with Intel’s AES-NI encryption and the onboard the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 plus Intel’s Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), make the Golden-Eyes the smallest and most secure multi-domain system on the market.
The Golden-Eyes utilizes the latest 14nm Intel® Xeon® E3 Kaby Lake-H workstation processor. The Xeon® E3-15xxM (mobile, embedded) processor is ideal for microservers and embedded platforms, boasting up to 4 cores/8 threads and advanced thermal management. Advanced thermal management is provided via Intel’s configurable TDP (cTDP) and Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology. The Xeon® E3 supports Hyper-Threading for a total of 8 logical cores and supports 8MB of SmartCache shared among the cores. The processor clocks up to 3 GHz per core with Intel’s Turbo Boost 2.0 clocking up to 4 GHz. On Golden-Eyes, the Xeon® E3 CPU also supports up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM with ECC.
For video support Kaby Lake-H offers the latest, most powerful embedded Intel HD Graphics P630 for superior graphics performance over previous Intel® graphics. Intel® Xeon® E3 Kaby Lake-H workstation processor graphics provide up 4096x2304 resolution at 60Hz (4K and UHD), DirectX 11/12, OpenGL 4.4, ES 2.0, and OCL 2.x and up to three (3) video heads simultaneously supported. The Xeon® E3 processor is considered the most powerful per-watt workstation-class processor on the market, with many added security features such as AES-NI, second-generation Virtualization Technology VT-x, Directed I/O VT-d, and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT). The Xeon® E3 CPU and PCH-H platform support PCI Express Gen 3, USB 3.0, and Intel’s future OPTANE™ memory for the highest performance possible on a server platform.
RuggedCool℠ Cooling Technology
The Golden-Eyes system is equipped with GMS’s patent-pending RuggedCool℠ technology, the industry’s most unique conduction cooling system promising system operation over -40°C to +75°C. RuggedCool℠ provides the lowest thermal resistance to the case, keeping the CPU within temperature limits at full load, while still providing the highest shock specifications known in the industry. The S1202-MD is a stand-alone, fan-less system and should be mounted directly to a metal cold plate surface that provides a reliable conductive thermal path.
S1202-MD Golden-Eyes is a very dense, high-performance system packaged in a small footprint and can be reliably conduction cooled over -40°C to +75°C (GMS Ruggedization Level R3) without additional active cooling. Levels R4 and R5 (-40°C to +85°C) are possible using an active cooling accessory or platform-controlled cold plate. Passive conduction cooling above +75°C is not recommended.
Full Environmental Specs
The Golden-Eyes is available in ruggedization levels R1-R5. Additional information regarding the ruggedization levels and full environmental specifications for this product can be found on our website at www.gms4sbc.com/technologies/ruggedization.