Rugged, Low Profile Servers with Intel® Xeon® E3 Workstation CPU and 3 Head 4K HD-SDI Video
- 3.0GHz Intel® Xeon® E3 (Kaby Lake, 7th Generation Core™) processor with 4 cores and Turbo Boost 2.0; 8MB of Smart Cache (E3-15xxM V6)
- Up to 64GB of DDR4 memory with ECC
- 3-head Intel® HD Graphics P630 with GT2, 8-bit VP9 8-bit CODEC, 10-bit HEVC (H.265) CODEC
- Support for DirectX 11/12, OpenGL 4.3/4.4, ES 2.0, and OCL 2.x
- Video resolution up to 4096 x 2304 (4K and UHD) at 60Hz via DisplayPort
- One removable 2.5” SATA or NVMe SSD with door (optional encrypt/secure erase/write-protect)
- Drive bay is sealed even when drive is removed
- Optional fixed M.2 SSD for OS boot (optional encrypt/secure erase/write-protect)
- Support for future Intel® OPTANE™ M.2 memory
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d) and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Intel Enhanced SpeedStep Technology and configurable TDP (cTDP) for improved thermal management
- Encryption and security via Intel® AES-NI encryption and Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM)
I/O and Expansion Options
- Two 10Gigabit Ethernet ports (Copper)
- Three 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP offloading (TOE)
- Three USB 3.0 ports
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- Two Serial ports with RS-232/422/485 options
- One VGA video port (omit one pair HD-SDI channels)
- Three ports of 3 Gbits/s long-reach, uncompressed video via SMPTE 3G-SDI (dual-channel, 424M). Lose VGA if six channels used
- Optional video configurations for SMPTE 425-3 and 425-5 HD-SDI video ports
- Eight buffered Digital I/O (DIO) lines
- HD Audio with Mic, Headphones and Amplified Mono Speaker Out
- Two SAM™ sites for custom I/O (MIL-STD-1553, Wi-Fi/BT, GPS, etc.)
- 32 MB BIOS with optional write-protect
- Real Time Clock (RTC) with field-replaceable battery
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 for secure boot operation
- Panic/Tamper support for system Zeroize via Secure Erase of mass storage and BIOS (optional)
SWaP-E (Size, Weight and Power – Efficiency)
- Greatest computing density, cores and RAM in one footprint
- Ultra-low SWaP at 5.4” x 6.5” x 2.26”, @ 5 lbs. and as low as 60W
- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E, IP66 compliant
- Operates up to extended temp -40°C to +85°C (Optional)
- Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5
The S1202-HS “Golden-Eye IV” is a 4-core Xeon® E3-15xxM-based server / workstation / graphics processor that is intended for military/defense/aerospace with greatest SWaP-Efficiency (SWaP-E) on the market due to its compact size and robust computing and I/O performance ports. Golden-Eye IV is an ideal forwardly-deployed vehicle-mounted battlefield workstation/server/graphics processor that offers the greatest reliability in the smallest packaging. Golden-Eye IV can also be used in industrial and commercial platforms since it has server-class performance, high performance workstation-like embedded graphics, exceptional I/O capabilities and removable storage. It can be mounted virtually anywhere—including on telephone poles and powered by solar panels to form an outside surveillance server or Internet-of-Things Intelligent Gateway. The S1202-HS is fully compliant to MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E and has ingress protection up to IP66. This system may also be ordered from the factory with operating systems such as Windows® or Linux® pre-installed.
The S1202-HS “Golden-Eye IV” is a seventh generation ultra-rugged, low profile, lightweight workstation/server/graphics processor with the latest Intel® E3 Xeon® processor, multi-head 4K graphics, and one removable drive. It is designed to provide the highest level of workstation performance possible in a fully ruggedized, conduction-cooled, sealed system, operating from -40°C to +85°C. This system architecture simplifies applications that require rugged high performance computing, high definition uncompressed long-reach video, storage and high speed I/O in a small, ultra-rugged enclosure with the greatest possible performance per dollar and per watt. Golden-Eye IV also offers Intel’s very best embedded graphics performance with Intel’s 3-head HD Graphics P630 controller, which is superior over any previous embedded Intel® graphics controller.
The S1202-HS is equipped with the latest, most power-efficient Intel® Kaby Lake-H workstation processor with Hyper-Threading (also called Intel® Xeon® E3-15xxM v6) for a total of up to four physical cores (eight logical cores) operating up to 3.0 GHz and using Intel’s TurboBoost 2.0 up to 4.0GHz. To harvest this incredible CPU performance, the CPU is coupled with up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM organized in two banks with ECC support (2-bit error detection and 1-bit error correction). These Kaby Lake Xeon® E3 cores coupled with Golden-Eye IV’s I/O can be used to create multiple virtual machines (VMs) allowing a single Golden-Eye IV system to replace up to 8 separate single-processor systems.
A significantly unique capability of the S1202-HS is the triple-head (3) graphics output, available to the designer in a variety of ways. Independent native resolutions up to 4K UHD (60 Hz) are possible with 10-bit color and a variety of industry-standard CODECs. If needed, HDCP and other DRM formats are built in. As well, Golden-Eye IV is equipped with six HD-SDI BNC connectors that implement uncompressed broadcast-quality SMPTE 3G-SDI video (dual-channel HD-SDI) in a variety of SMPTE formats. Besides the 3 Gbits/s data rates, COAX cables can route video over tens of meters with the right cable choice. A console quality VGA port is included, at the loss of one dual-channel 3G-SDI port.
The I/O subsystem for Golden-Eye IV is designed to accommodate a wide array of standard and custom I/O functions. The S1202-HS supports two 10Gigabit Ethernet ports, three 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports, three USB 3.0 ports, four USB 2.0 ports, eight buffered digital I/O lines, one VGA port, six SMPTE 424M (425-3 and 425-5 are Optional) HD-SDI video ports and two Serial ports with RS-232/422/485 options. Expansion options include two SAM™ I/O sites (Special Application Module) for custom I/O such as Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, GPS, Quad Video capture, CANbus, MIL-STD-1553, ARNIC-429, and more. SAM I/O offers legacy system interfaces as well as the ability to add future upgrades.
The Golden-Eye IV also offers the most secure storage subsystem possible. It supports up to 32MB BIOS Flash with hardware-write protect and secure erase. The onboard fixed M.2 boot device and removable 2.5” SATA or NVMe SSD drive provides optional hardware write-protect, ATA Secure Erase and encryption functions. The S1202-HS can optionally support FIPS-140-2 and FIPS-197 encryption standards for ultra-secure data storage. These data security functions, along with Intel’s AES-NI encryption and the onboard Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 plus Intel’s Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), make the Golden-Eye IV the smallest and most secure embedded server system on the market.
The Golden-Eye IV utilizes the latest 14nm Intel® Xeon® E3 Kaby Lake-H workstation processor. The Xeon® E3-15xxM (mobile, embedded) processor is ideal for microservers and embedded platforms, boasting up to 4 cores/8 threads and advanced thermal management. Advanced thermal management is provided via Intel’s configurable TDP (cTDP) and Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology. The Xeon® E3 supports Hyper-Threading for a total of 8 logical cores and supports 8MB of SmartCache shared among the cores. The processor clocks up to 3 GHz per core with Intel’s Turbo Boost 2.0 clocking up to 4 GHz. On Golden-Eye IV, the Xeon® E3 CPU also supports up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM with ECC.
For video support Kaby Lake-H offers the latest, most powerful embedded Intel HD Graphics P630 for superior graphics performance over previous Intel® graphics. Intel® Xeon® E3 Kaby Lake-H workstation processor graphics provide up 4096x2304 resolution at 60Hz (4K and UHD), DirectX 11/12, OpenGL 4.4, ES 2.0, and OCL 2.x and up to three (3) video heads simultaneously supported. The Xeon® E3 processor is considered the most powerful per-watt workstation-class processor on the market, with many added security features such as AES-NI, second-generation Virtualization Technology VT-x, Directed I/O VT-d, and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT). The Xeon® E3 CPU and PCH-H platform support PCI Express Gen 3, USB 3.0, and Intel’s future OPTANE™ memory for the highest performance possible on a server platform.
RuggedCool℠ Cooling Technology
The Golden-Eye IV system is equipped with GMS’s patent-pending RuggedCool℠ technology, the industry’s most unique conduction cooling system promising system operation over -40°C to +85°C. RuggedCool℠ provides the lowest thermal resistance to the case, keeping the CPU within temperature limits at full load, while still providing the highest shock specifications known in the industry. The S1202-HS is a stand-alone, fan-less system and should be mounted directly to a metal cold plate surface that provides a reliable conductive thermal path.
Full Environmental Specs
The Golden-Eye IV is available in ruggedization levels R1-R5. Additional information regarding the ruggedization levels and full environmental specifications for this product can be found on our website at www.gms4sbc.com/technologies/ruggedization.