Rugged, Ultra-High Performance, 6U OpenVPX Bus Extension/Expansion Card
- PCIe-over-cable local bus extension for inter-/intra chassis expansion for coprocessors
- Rugged, 6U OpenVPX single slot air-cooled module
- Two iPass™ links of x16 lanes, 32 lanes total, of external PCIe Gen 3 available for bus expansion and local networking
- Four 40/10 Gigabit Ethernet ports with Fiber/Copper
- Interoperable with One Stop Systems™ PCIe Expansion Chassis
- Adds GPGPU, data mining, block chain/hash engines onto local PCIe 3.0 bus
- Designed to extend/expand PCIe 3.0 switch fabric between boxes, chassis, and rackmount servers
- Intelligent off-load to enable high performance data exchange with Intel® Xeon® processor-based servers
- Network Virtualization off-loads including VXLAN, NVGRE, Geneve, and Network Service Headers (NSH)2
I/O AND EXPANSION OPTIONS
- PCI-over-cable bus extension
- 32 lanes PCIe Gen 3, dual x16
- Industry-standard iPass™ connectors
- Four 40/10 GbE Ethernet via QSFP+ inserts
- Copper or fiber media option
SWaP-E: I/O Expansion
Size: 6U OpenVPX; Designed to VITA 46, VITA 48
Weight: Less than 3 lbs.
Power: Less than 50 W
MIL-STD: MIL-STD-810G, MIL-S-901D, MIL-STD-461F and DO-160D
Temperature: Operates up to extended temp -20°C to +75°C (Optional)
Ruggedness: Available in ruggedization levels R1-R3
The VPX-XPANSE is a single slot OpenVPX module which provides an incredible 32 lanes of PCIe Gen 3 for external I/O expansion as well as four 40/10 Gigabit Ethernet ports. Up to 256 GT/s and 160 Gbits/s maximum LAN bandwidth is available to external chassis and servers for inter- and intra-system bus extension with minimal latency.
The VPX-XPANSE module provides four 40/10 Gigabit Ethernet ports via QSPF+ connectors for Fiber or Copper support. The channels are backwards compatible to 10 GbE. Unmatched features are provided for low latency, interoperability, optimization, and VLAN support.
Dual x16 PCIe Gen 3 industry-standard iPass™ connectors are chosen for maximum interoperability with external chassis and systems, like those from One Stop Systems™. Up to 256 GT/s are available for low latency data movement between off-board and in-board systems. All external connections appear to the local processors as within the local memory space, hence maximizing data transfers and enabling advanced DMA schemes, including RDMA, scatter-gather, and atomic operations.
The VPX-XPANSE is a data and bus expansion module designed for use in the APEX system and other PCIe-based OpenVPX chassis.
Owing to its industry standardization, high performance, and low costs, PCIe-over-cable is well suited for connection to high speed I/O, bus expansion and local networking.
With PCIe-over-cable, a wide array of devices can be directly connected to expand processing and I/O. Such applications include GPGPU, block chain/hash engines, high performance computing (HPC), data mining, and other hyper-speed co-processors. Expansion can also bring onto the local bus remote disk arrays and other data acquisition subsystems. In addition, PCIe-over-cable can be used for high speed memory-to-memory transfers and/or used as a very fast TCP/IP connection, with application compatibility to standard Ethernet.
HPC/HPEC and multi-computing can be accomplished using PCIe Gen 3 through a combination of non-transparent bridging and CPU-to-CPU communications software. This technology expands the applicability of PCIe to a wide variety of high-end applications, including radar and sonar analysis, medical imaging, GPGPU co-processing, HPC, block chain/hash engine, test and measurement and high-performance computing inter-communications.