OpenVPX 6U Air-Cooled Module with 16-Port Managed Switch with POE and Optional 4-Port Router and Three SAM I/O
- Rugged, 6U OpenVPX single slot air-cooled module
- Fully managed enterprise Ethernet Layer 2 switch with Layer 3 features
- Bluetooth 3.0 support for ultra-fast wireless communication
- Three SAM™ sites for custom I/O (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, GPS, etc.)
- Secure Erase for total erasure of all Flash devices, including BIOS
- Voltage and temperature monitoring, plus reporting
CISCO® EMBEDDED SERVICES ROUTER
- Full-featured Cisco® Embedded Services Router (ESR 5921) with four Ethernet Ports (Optional)
- Runs Cisco® IOS routing software, optimized for extreme environments
- Supports Cisco Mobile Ready Net for infrastructure-less networking
- Designed for mission-critical voice, video or data packets
- Supports routing protocols: RIP (V1/V2), OSPF, EIGRP-IP, BGP and more
- 20 Gigabit Ethernet ports (16 w/Router), 16 with Power Over Ethernet (POE+) up to 150W total
- Two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports with Fiber/Copper via SPF+ connectors
- Very low latency, VLAN support, QoS/differentiated services
- Multicast and spanning tree capabilities
- Security features for authentication and authorization
- DHCP client and server support, and SNMP
- Support for IEEE-1588 for packet time stamping (optional)
- Internal shared memory with jumbo frame support
- Web GUI and SNMP management interfaces provided for ease of configuration
- Support for Multicast IPv4, IPv6 with IGMPv2/3 snooping and MLD
SWaP-E: Greatest computing density in one 6U OpenVPX card
Size: 6U OpenVPX; Designed to VITA 46, VITA 48
Weight: 5 lbs.
Power: As low as 110W
MIL-STD: MIL-STD-810G, MIL-S-901D, MIL-STD-461F and DO-160D
Temperature: Operates up to extended temp -40°C to +85°C (Optional)
Ruggedness: Available in ruggedization levels R1-R3
The COM Module is a 6U single slot OpenVPX module. It is connected to the backplane via a x4 PCIe lane via VPX-P1. The COM module provides twenty Gigabit ports via a managed switch (16 with Power Over Ethernet+, POE+), and two SAM™ I/O sites for additional functions such as Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth and GPS.
The switch functions are controlled via a 416 MHz MIPS processor with 128 MB of DRAM. The MIPS processor controls up to twenty Gigabit Ethernet ports and two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports. The two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports are connected via SFP+ connectors to the COM module’s front panel, and support Fiber/Copper interfaces.
The managed Ethernet switch supports Layer 2 and Layer 3 functions such as VLAN and QoS processing, enabling the delivery of differentiated services, security via intelligent frame processing, and egress frame manipulation. The switch may be configured via the host CPU USB/ COM port that is connected internally or via one of the front panel RJ-45 ports. Sixteen Gigabit Ethernet ports support POE+, which can provide up to 25 W on each port up to 150 W total.
The COM module supports an optional full-featured Cisco® IOS® router software package with Mobile Ready Net to facilitate the most complex routing needs for security and compatibility with existing defense infrastructures. The Router is designed for battlefield applications and includes features to create and maintain both stationary and ad hoc networks with the highest quality-of-service (QoS). Moreover, it can adjust QoS based upon available bandwidth, resources, and available networks.
The Router provides Radio Aware Routing (RAR), Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP), and IPv6. It supports routing protocols RIP (V1/V2), OSPF, EIGRP-IP, BGP and more, plus it supports up to 32 VLANs. Data packet encapsulations include PPP, PPPoE, GRE and 802.1q VLAN trunking.
The Router module portion of the COM Subsystem is based on a Quad Core Intel® Atom™ processor with 4GB of RAM and four Gigabit Ethernet ports. The COM module also provides one additional SAM™ I/O site for more I/O such as Wi-Fi, or GPS for data packet time stamping.