Rugged, Fully Sealed, 14-Port Enterprise Managed Switch with PoE
- Eight Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP offloading engine
- Four Power over Ethernet (PoE, IEEE-802.3at @ 56V and 25.5W) Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP offloading engine
- Two 10Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP offloading engine
- One COM Service Port with RS232/RS422 for programming the Switch
- LED indicator status for Power and Pass/Fail
Enterprise Managed Layer 2/Layer 3 Switch
- High-Performance stacking; Fast failover within 100ms
- Unicast, multicast and spanning tree capabilities
- Very low latency, VLAN support, QoS/differentiated services
- Internal shared memory buffer (8 queues per port)
- Security features for authentication and authorization
- Jumbo frame support
- High-speed frame processing via a 416MHz MIPS processor
- 128MB of DDR2 memory for large frame buffering
- 16MB of flash NVRAM for system configuration
- DHCP client and server support, and SNMP
- Web GUI and SNMP management interfaces
- Switch programmable via COM port or Ethernet LAN
SWaP-E (Size, Power and Weight – Efficiency)
- Greatest networking density with Gigabit and 10 Gigabit ports with Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Ultra-low SWaP at 5.4” x 6.5” x 1.7”, @ 2 lbs. and as low as 15W (PoE not active)- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461F, IP66 compliant
- Operates up to extended temp -40°C to +85°C (Optional)
- Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5
The SW1402 “Manta Ray” is intended for military/defense/aerospace deployed computer networks. With the onboard 1 and 10Gigabit Ethernet ports, Manta Ray is an ideal forwardly-deployed vehicle-mounted battlefield dual-server that offers the greatest Size, Power and Weight Efficiency (SWaP-E), while offering the most amount of flexibility in the same dense form factor. Manta Ray can also be used in industrial and commercial platforms since it has enterprise-class performance and exceptional I/O capabilities. It can be mounted virtually anywhere—including on telephone poles and powered by solar panels to form an outside surveillance server or Internet-of-Things Intelligent Gateway. The SW1402 is fully compliant to MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461F and has ingress protection up to IP66.
The SW1402 “Manta Ray” is a first generation ultra-rugged, lightweight 14-port Layer 2/Layer 3 managed switch. It is designed to provide 2-ports of 10G XAUI Ethernet and 12-ports of 10/100/1000 Mbps with Power over Ethernet (PoE) on four of the 10/100/1000 interfaces in a fully ruggedized, conduction-cooled, sealed system, operating from -40°C to +85°C. This system architecture simplifies networking-based applications that require the most advanced intelligent switch with 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet and PoE in an ultra-dense form factor.
The SW1402 is equipped with a 416MHz MIPS processor with 128MB of DDR2 memory for large frame buffering and 16MB of flash NVRAM for managed switch system configuration and packet processing at wire speed. In addition, using multistage Versatile Content Aware Processing (VCAP), Manta Ray delivers VLAN and QoS processing, enabling the delivery of differentiated services, security through intelligent frame processing, and egress frame manipulation.
The I/O subsystem for Manta Ray is designed to provide users remote access to the switch with full management access. The SW1402 provides Ethernet and one RS232 serial interface for web GUI and SNMP management.
Power Over Ethernet (PoE) is provided on four 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports, compliant to IEEE-802.3at at 56V (nom.) and 25.5W total. The dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports are useful for backhaul to a distant enterprise installation, or for inter-box/inter-rack data traffic. The ports can also be used with another SW1402 to add additional ports with negligible degradation in packet performance on the 1 Gigabit ports.
Military-style 38999 circular connectors are used, and MIL-STD-1275 power conditioning is provided to allow Manta Ray easy installation in existing vehicles or airframes where “dirty” power is prevalent. In short: Manta Ray is a “install, program, and forget” piece of equipment that fulfills network requirements, but with minimal effort.
For the SW1402, Manta Ray leverages Microsemi’s VSC7434 E-StaX-III-48 next-generation Enterprise Ethernet switch, Manta Ray utilizes 12-ports 10/100/1000 Mbps (four with PoE) and two ports of 10G XAUI. The XAUI ports can also be configured as two 12Gbps stacking ports. This technology is supported via a 416MHz MIPS processor with 128MB of DDR2 memory for large frame buffering and 16MB of flash NVRAM for system configuration of the managed switch. In addition, the VSC7434 has very low latency, less than 100ms failover, and multistage Versatile Content Aware Processing (VCAP), which delivers VLAN and QoS processing, enabling the delivery of differentiated services, security through intelligent frame processing, and egress frame manipulation.
RuggedCool℠ Cooling Technology
The Manta Ray switch is equipped with GMS’s patent-pending RuggedCool™ technology, the industry’s most unique conduction cooling system promising system operation over -40°C to +85°C. RuggedCool™ provides the lowest thermal resistance to the case, keeping the CPU within temperature limits at full load, while still providing the highest shock specifications known in the industry. The SW1402 is a stand-alone, fan-less system and should be mounted directly to a metal cold plate surface that provides a reliable conductive thermal path.
Full Environmental Specs
The Manta Ray is available in ruggedization levels R1-R5. Additional information regarding the ruggedization levels and full environmental specifications for this product can be found on our website at www.gms4sbc.com/technologies/ruggedization.