Rugged, Fully Sealed Server with 14-Port Intelligent Switch
- Utilizes Intel® 2.4GHz Xeon® 10-Core Ivy Bridge-EP CPU with TurboBoost up to 3.0GHz
- Support for Hyper-Threading on each core for total of 20 logical cores
- Supports up to 128GB of DDR3 memory with ECC, up to 1600 MT/s
- Quad removable 2.5” SATA SSDs with optional AES-256 Encryption and secure erase
- One mSATA for OS up to 1TB with encryption, write-protect and secure-erase options
- Highest performance, embedded GPU MXM from AMD with 768 GFLOPS (Optional)
- Fully managed Layer II switch with Layer III features enterprise level Ethernet Switch
- 12Gigabit Ethernet ports (1000Base-T) and two 10Gigabit Ethernet ports (10GBase-T)
- Web GUI and SNMP management interfaces provided for ease of configuration
- Utilizes individual MIL circular locking connectors for each Ethernet port
- Very low latency, VLAN support, QoS/differentiated services
- Multicast and spanning tree capabilities
- Security features for authentication and authorization
- DHCP client and server support, and SNMP
- Support for IEEE-1588 for packet time stamping (Optional)
- Internal shared memory with jumbo frame support
- Support for Multicast IPv4, IPv6 with IGMPv2/3 snooping and MLD
- Designed with Intel’s highest performance, server-class, embedded chipset
- One 10GigE, Dual USB 3.0 ports, dual Display Port/HDMI ports (Optional) for high-speed I/O
- Supports two USB 2.0 ports and one RGB Video for low speed I/O
- Two Serial ports with RS-232/422/485 and eight buffered GPIO lines
- HD-Audio support, onboard 1W mono amplifier, dual BIOS boot devices with write-protect
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d2) and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure operation (Optional)
- Converged Platform Power Management (CPPM) for power saving
- Support for Active Management Technology (AMT) for remote KVM functions
- Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) for health monitoring/reporting (IPMI 2.0)
- Field-replaceable battery for Real Time Clock (RTC) and TPM
- Ultra-low SWaP only 11.75” x 7.75” x 3.0” @ 15 lb. and as low as 175W
- Fully compliant to MIL-STD 810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E and IP66
- Operates at standard temp -20°C to +75°C or extended temp -40°C to +85°C (Optional)
- Available in ruggedization levels R3-R5
The SO302-SW is designed to provide the highest-performance, rugged server with a built-in managed Layer II and III switch that can support 12 Gigabit Ethernet ports (18 optional, lose High-Speed I/O and locking connectors) and two 10Gigabit Ethernet ports. It is ideal for combat and surveillance vehicles where several computers are used for data collection, targeting/mapping, and data acquisition. The SO302-SW supports the most popular Hypervisors offered by VMware®, WindRiver® and Microsoft® and may be shipped from the factory with operating systems such as Windows®, Linux® and/or VMware® pre-installed. The Tiger is fully compliant to MIL-STD 810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E and IP66.
The SO302-SW "Tiger" is a second-generation, fully rugged server with an integrated 14 port intelligent Layer II or III switch. It is designed to provide an Enterprise level of Layer II and Layer III switch functions with the highest level of server-class performance possible in a fully ruggedized, conduction-cooled system, operating up to -40°C to +85°C (-20°C to +75°C Standard) temperature range. The Tiger utilizes individual MIL circular locking connectors for each Ethernet port thus providing the ultimate rugged interconnect with maximum flexibility. The Tiger is targeted for applications where an ultra-fast, multi-core CPU is needed with vast amounts of high-speed, ECC-protected RAM controlling 12 Gigabit Ethernet devices (18 optional, lose High-Speed I/O and locking connectors) with packet snooping and switching functions with customizable rules. The SO302-SW supports 10 physical CPU cores with Hyper-Threading for a total of 20 logical cores, each operating up to 2.4GHz with ability to TurboBoost up to 3.0GHz. To harvest this incredible CPU performance, the CPU is coupled with up to 128GB of DDR3 RAM organized in four banks. Each RAM bank consists of two DDR3 DIMM arrays with Error Correcting Code (ECC). The ECC RAM provides 2-bit error detection with 1-bit correction and up to 1600 Mega Transfers per Second (MTS) between CPU and memory.
The I/O subsystem for the Tiger is designed to support the widest array of high-speed I/O devices with modularity and security. The Tiger consists of a host CPU module and the Switch module. The Host CPU supports two 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports where one is connected to the Switch, while the second port is available to the user on the high-speed connector. Additional I/O included are two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports with power, two Serial ports with RS-232/422/485 buffers, full HD-Audio, and eight General Purpose I/O lines. The SO302-SW also provides a very flexible set of storage devices with highly secure options. The Tiger supports up to four removable 2.5” SATA SSD drives with an optional AES-256 Encryption up to 2TB each with optional secure-erase functions. Additionally, the host supports one mSATA drive with write-protect for use as a local boot device up to 1TB. The Tiger supports an optional Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) for detailed system health monitoring and reporting using industry standard IPMI 2.0 via a dedicated Ethernet port or Serial port. For applications requiring high-performance video output, the SO302-SW provides an optional SAM™ Video module, utilizing the most powerful AMD GPU (768 GFLOPS; 10 compute units) with dual Display Port or HDMI ports and one VGA port.
The switch functions are controlled via a 416MHz MIPS CPU with 128MB of DRAM. The MIPS processor controls up to 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports and two 10Gigabit Ethernet ports. One of the 10Gigabit Ethernet ports is connected directly to the host CPU while the other port is accessible on the external connector, along with one additional 10Gigabit Ethernet port from the host CPU. The Tiger supports fully managed Layer II and Layer III functions, such as VLAN and QoS processing, enabling the delivery of differentiated services, security through intelligent frame processing, and egress frame manipulation. The Tiger may be configured via the host CPU USB/COM port which is connected internally or via a Gigabit Ethernet port on the rear panel.
The Tiger utilizes the most powerful Xeon® processor from Intel®. The Ivy Bridge-EP CPU is a second-generation, 10-core Sandy Bridge microarchitecture processor with a fully integrated memory controller for the best possible memory performance. This CPU is the highest performance server-class CPU from Intel® with many added security functions, such as Intel’s second-generation Virtualization Technology VT-x, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), and Converged Platform Power Management (CPPM) for thermal management and power saving. The graphics engine is based around the most powerful AMD full-size embedded MXM GPU module (768 GFLOPS; 10 compute units) for outstanding performance in 2D and 3D accelerations and can be fully virtualized. The I/O is provided via 40 lanes of PCIe 3.0 which are monitored via the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to assure full security and safe operation.
The Tiger is equipped with GMS's patent pending RuggedCool™ technology, which is the most unique cooling system in the industry and is the only server that operates up to -40°C to +85°C at full load without throttling the CPU! This cooling approach provides the lowest thermal resistance to the case while providing the highest shock specifications known in the industry. The SO302-SW is a stand-alone, fan-less system and should be mounted directly to a metal surface that provides a reliable conductive thermal path for dependable operation.