Rugged, Ultra High Definition Smart Display with Removable Drives
- Ultra rugged 32” diagonal screen in 16:9 format with 3840x2160 (4K) native screen resolution
- Ultra bright and sharp screen with up to 450 nits of brightness
- Ultra small and lightweight frame, less than 3 inches thick!
- Anti-glare (AG) and anti-reflective (AR) coating for crisp display in any light
- Up to ten point capacitive/IR touch screen with gestures (optional)
- Up to 16 bezel keys for screen control and special functions (customizable and optional)
The most powerful processor, memory and graphics options:
- 2.4GHz Intel® Quad Core™ i7 CPU with 32GB of 1600MHZ DDR3 RAM with ECC
- Embedded Haswell Core™ i7 HD4600 graphics and/or AMD GPU with up to 2GB GDDR5 RAM
- Up to 1TB of fixed SSD for OS boot with secure erase (optional)
- Two fully sealed removable nDrive™ SSDs up to 1TB each with secure erase (optional)
- Two Gigabit or 10Gigabit (optional) Ethernet ports with TCP/IP Offloading Engine (TOE)
- Versatile video I/O, quad DP/HDMI, HD-SDI and RGB video
- Two USB 3.0, two USB 2.0 ports and two COM ports with RS-232/422/485 options
- Two SAM™ sites for custom I/O (MIL-STD-1553, Wi-Fi/BT, GPS, CANBus, etc.)
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d2) and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure operation (optional)
- CPU temperature and voltage monitoring for safe operation
- Operates from standard 24VDC power input
- Power, OSD, Zero, Brightness, Video Source, and Shift bezel keys
- Fully compliant to MIL-STD 810G, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E and IP66
- Operates up to -20°C to +75°C (no heater) or up to -40°C to +75°C (with heater)
- Available in ruggedization levels R1-R3
- 30.60" x 18.50" x 2.88"
The RuggedView™ is designed to provide the ultimate rugged computer with an ultra-rugged display for broadcasting, defense and industrial applications. The RuggedView™ is ideal for outdoor applications where it may be fully exposed to rain, sun, dirt, and radiation. The RuggedView™ UHD32W-1002 may be ordered from the factory with operating systems such as Windows®, Linux® or VMware® pre-installed. The UHD32W-1002 is fully compliant to MIL-STD 810G, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E and IP66.
The RuggedView™ UHD32W-1002 integrates the most rugged, crisp 32 inch diagonal 4K display with a fourth-generation Core™ i7 processor, resulting in the thinnest, most powerful and robust smart display on the market today. It is designed to provide the highest level of workstation performance possible in a fully ruggedized, conduction-cooled, fully sealed system with an ultra-bright, 4K display. The RuggedView™ UHD32W-1002 is targeted for applications where an ultra-rugged computer with a high performance display is needed to deliver the best possible stand-alone-system, per dollar and per watt, while utilizing rugged interconnects, to provide a fully sealed smart display system that is less than 3 inches thick!
The RuggedView™ UHD32W-1002 supports the latest, most power-efficient, Intel® Haswell Quad Core™ i7 processor with Hyper-Threading for a total of 8 logical cores, each operating up to 2.4GHz with the ability to TurboBoost up to 3.4GHz. To harvest this incredible CPU performance, the CPU is coupled with up to 32GB of RAM organized in two banks that support error correcting code (ECC). The ECC RAM provides 2-bit error detection and 1-bit error correction and supports up to 1600 mega-transfers per second (MTS) between CPU and memory. The UHD32W-1002 is offered with several screen options in 16:9 4K format, with or without touchscreen and bezel keys. The display for the UHD32W-1002 supports UHD 4K standards of 3840x2160 resolution and is viewable with up to 450 nits of brightness with anti-reflective (AR) and anti-glare (AG) coating for crisp graphics. The RuggedView™ UHD32W-1002 may optionally be purchased with less robust glass and other optional I/O to meet specific requirements and price points. The UHD32W-1002 supports a wide range of graphics engines and video I/O. With the i7 CPU the user may utilize the embedded graphics in the i7 to support three external displays. Two of the video outputs support DisplayPort/HDMI with 4K graphics and one VGA port. Additionally a SAMVideo™ module may be installed to support two additional DisplayPort/HDMI with 4K resolutions and one additional VGA.
For video input, the UHD32W-1002 supports up to four DisplayPort/HDMI with 4K support, and HD-SDI with pass-through for long distance cabling of up to 100 meters. The UHD32W-1002 also supports picture-in-picture (PIP) and up to 16 bezel keys for screen control such as Brightness up/down, Power, Video Source and Shift key, which can be used as multi-function keys for custom applications
The I/O subsystem of the RuggedView™ is designed to support a wide array of standard and custom I/O functions. The standard configuration supports two Gigabit Ethernet or 10Gigabit Ethernet (optional) ports each with a TCP/IP Offloading Engine (TOE), two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 port, two COM ports with RS-232/422/485 options, two removable sealed nDrive™ SSD (optional) and one internal fixed SSD (each with capacities of up to 1TB and with secure-erase and write-protect options). RuggedView™ UHD32W-1002 may be highly customized via Flex I/O™ to supply additional I/O to connectors easily and cost effectively. Utilizing the two SAM™ sites, additional I/O functions, such as quad video capture, CANbus, MIL-STD-1553, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FireWire, GPS and many other I/O are optionally provided. The UHD32W-1002 is powered via 110/220VAC or external 28VDC dirty power with MIL-STD-1275D protection.
The RuggedView™ utilizes the Intel® Quad Core™ i7 Haswell CPU, which is the newest, most powerful, and efficient processor from Intel® with advanced thermal management and graphics. The Haswell Core™ i7 processor supports Hyper-Threading for a total of eight logical cores and supports 6MB of L2 cache shared among the cores. Haswell supports up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM with error correcting code (ECC) and 1600 mega-transfers per second (MTS) between the CPU and RAM. A major improvement of the Haswell processor over the Ivy Bridge Core™ i7 is the graphics performance. The Haswell processor provides three independent video outputs and greater-than-40% improvement in 3D acceleration. Haswell is also coupled with Lynx Point™ and is a fourth-generation Core™ i7 with a fully integrated memory controller for the best memory performance possible. This CPU is considered the workhorse of the workstation market with many added power-saving features and peak performance with controlled thermals, as well as security functions such as Intel’s second-generation Virtualization Technology VT-x, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), and Active Management Technology (AMT) for remote KVM functions. The Haswell platform also supports PCIExpress Gen3, USB 3.0 and SATA 3 for the highest performance possible on a workstation platform. The glass used for the display is highly customizable in performance and ruggedness, based on application. The computing engine within the RuggedView™ is upgradeable and field serviceable.
The RuggedView™ is equipped with GMS' patent pending RuggedCool™ technology, which is the most unique cooling system in the industry and is the only system that operates up to -20°C to +75°C at full load (0°C to +55°C standard)! This cooling approach provides the lowest thermal resistance to the case while providing the highest shock specifications known in the industry. The RuggedView™ is a fan-less system for reliable operation and can be mounted directly to a metal surface or used as a stand-alone system.