Rugged, Standard Definition Smart Display with Intel Xeon® E3 CPU and Removable Drive
- Ultra-small, lightweight and 3.4-inch thick dimensions
- Ultra-rugged 19-inch diagonal screen
- Bezel keys for Power, Brightness, Night Mode, and Video Source
- 5:4 aspect ratio with SXGA 1280 x 1024 native resolution
- Full daylight viewable screen greater than 800 nits
- 16.7 million display colors and greater than 150˚ viewing angle
- Color gamut 50% (min.) NTSC; Contrast 500:1 (min.); Luminance range 20:1 (min.)
- Optional Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) compatible to MIL-STD-3009
- Optional ultra-rugged “boot-kick” glass for a virtually unbreakable screen
- Anti-glare (AG) and anti-reflective (AR) coatings for crisp display in any light
- Optional polarizer and water rejection coatings
- Resistive touchscreen with glove and/or stylus operation with EMI shielding
- Optional multi-point projected capacitive, multi-point resistive or infrared touch
- Optional bezel configuration with up to 16 bezel keys
CPU and Storage
- 3.0GHz Intel® Xeon® E3 (Kaby Lake, 7th Generation Core™) processor with 4 cores and Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 4GHz; 8MB of Smart Cache (E3-15xxM V6)
- Up to 64GB of DDR4 memory with ECC
- Intel® HD Graphics P630 with GT2, 8-bit VP9 8-bit CODEC, 10-bit HEVC (H.265) CODEC
- Support for DirectX 11/12, OpenGL 4.3/4.4, ES 2.0, and OCL 2.x
- One sealed, removable nDrive™ SSD (optional encrypt/secure erase/write-protect) with lock interface
- Optional fixed mSATA SSD for OS boot (optional encrypt/secure erase/write-protect)
- 32 MB BIOS with optional write-protect
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d) and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Intel Enhanced SpeedStep Technology and configurable TDP (cTDP) for improved thermal management
- Encryption and security via Intel® AES-NI encryption and Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM)
I/O and Expansion Options
- One Gigabit Ethernet (copper)
- One Gigabit Ethernet Fiber (single mode)
- Two USB 2.0 ports with secure strap
- One COM port with RS232/422/485 options
- Two PS/2 ports
- One DVI-D output / DVI-D video input selected via bezel key
- One VGA input
- Two SAM™ sites for custom I/O (MIL-STD-1553, Wi-Fi/BT, GPS, CANBus, GPIO etc.)
- Real Time Clock (RTC) with field-replaceable battery
- Panic/Tamper support for system Zeroize via Secure Erase of mass storage and BIOS (optional)
SWaP-E (Size, Weight and Power – Efficiency)
- Greatest computing density, cores, RAM and I/O in one display monitor
- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D (Class A), DO-160D, MIL-STD-461F, up to IP66 compliant
- Operates over -20°C to +80°C (no heater) or over -40°C to +80°C (with optional heater)
- Ultra-low SWaP at 16.9" x 14.8" x 3.4", @ 10lbs. and as low as 40W (blackout mode) or 70W (nom.)
- Power input: 115VAC 60Hz with power switch
- Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5 (requires heater)
The SmartView™ is designed to provide the ultimate rugged computer with an ultra-rugged display for defense and industrial applications. The SmartView™ is ideal for outdoor or vehicular applications where it may be fully exposed to rain, sun, dirt, and radiation. The SmartView™ SD1202-19S may be ordered from the factory with operating systems such as Windows® or Linux® pre-installed. The SD1202-19S is fully compliant to MIL-STD 810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461F and IP66/67 optionally.
The SmartView™ SD1202-19S is a second-generation rugged all-in-one Smart Panel PC that integrates the most rugged, crisp 19-inch diagonal display with Intel’s latest seventh-generation Kaby Lake E3 Xeon® processor resulting in the thinnest, most powerful and robust smart display system on the market today. SmartView™ is designed to provide the highest level of workstation performance possible in a fully ruggedized, conduction-cooled, fully sealed system with an ultra-bright display and Night Mode for extreme dimming. This system architecture simplifies applications where a full-featured computer coupled with a rugged display is needed to deliver the best possible stand-alone-system, per dollar and per watt, while utilizing rugged interconnects to provide a sealed smart display system that is less than 3.4-inches thick. SmartView™ also offers Intel’s very best embedded graphics performance with Intel’s HD Graphics P630 controller, which is superior over any previous embedded Intel® graphics controller.
SmartView™ is equipped with the latest, most power-efficient Intel® Kaby Lake-H workstation processor with Hyper-Threading (also called Intel® Xeon® E3-15xxM v6) for a total of up to four physical cores (eight logical cores) operating up to 3.0GHz and using Intel’s Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 4.0GHz. To harvest this incredible CPU performance, the CPU is coupled with up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM organized in two banks with ECC support (2-bit error detection and 1-bit error correction). These Kaby Lake Xeon® E3 cores coupled with SmartView’s I/O can be used to create multiple virtual machines (VMs) allowing a single SmartView™ system to replace up to 8 separate single-processor systems.
The I/O subsystem for SmartView™ is designed to support a wide array of standard and custom I/O functions. The standard configuration supports one fiber single mode Gigabit Ethernet port, one copper Gigabit Ethernet port, two USB 2.0 ports, one COM port with RS232/422/485 options, dual PS/2, DVI output from the CPU or DVI input from an external source, which can be displayed on the SD1202-19S screen (bezel key selectable), and a VGA input. Utilizing the two SAM™ sites, additional I/O functions are optionally provided, such as quad video capture, CANbus, MIL-STD-1553, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FireWire, GPS and many other I/O.
SmartView™ also offers the most secure storage subsystem possible. It supports up to 32MB BIOS Flash with hardware-write protect and secure erase. The onboard fixed mSATA boot device and removable nDrive™ SSD provides optional hardware write-protect, ATA Secure Erase and encryption functions. The SD1202-19S can optionally support FIPS-140-2 and FIPS-197 encryption standards for ultra-secure data storage. These data security functions, along with Intel’s AES-NI encryption and the onboard (optional) Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 plus Intel’s Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), make the SmartView™ the smartest panel PC system on the market.
Additionally, the SD1202-19S is offered with several screen options in 5:4 format, with or without touchscreen and bezel keys. The LCD display for the SD1202-19S screen is protected with the most rugged glass available in the market, which can withstand a direct "boot kick" without damaging the display or the touch screen. The SD1202-19S supports Standard Definition (SD) 1280 x 1024 resolution in widescreen format. It is viewable with greater than 800 nits of brightness and supports anti-reflective (AR) and anti-glare (AG) coating for crisp graphics even in direct sunlight. The SD1202-19S has a special Night Mode which instantly dims the display to a pre-defined level; the display also supports NVIS for applications where night vision glasses are used to reduce stress on the viewer.
SmartView™ also supports optional display coatings to maximize the screen readability and clarity in wet, bright or multi-light source environments. Available coatings include: anti-reflective (AR), anti-glare (AG), polarizer and water-rejection. The Night Vision (NVIS) mode conforms to MIL-STD-3009, which reduces eye strain in applications where night vision glasses are used. The SmartView™ SD1202-19S is highly configurable depending upon program/application requirements, and may also optionally be purchased with less robust glass to meet specific requirements and price points.
Furthermore, SD1202-19S is offered with several touch screen options. The standard touch screen is resistive, which is the most common type used in rugged environments due to its reliability and ability to work with gloves. However, SD1202-19S can be optionally equipped with multi-touch projected capacitive or infrared touchscreen panels, depending on the intended application environment.
The SmartView™ bezel comes with eight standard buttons, but is also customizable. The eight bezel buttons are for Brightness up/down, Night Mode, Power and Video Source controls. Custom bezel buttons can be configured to surround the display or have custom logic functions. Available is a bezel with up to 16 buttons.
Mounting for SmartView™ can be VESA-, surface- or flush-mounted (“panel mount”), and I/O connectors can emerge from the side or rear (optional), depending upon the mount. Available connectors come in military-style circular (“38999”) or commercial-style (COTS) such as USB, VGA and DVI.
The SmartView™ is equipped with GMS' patent pending RuggedCool™ technology, which is the most unique cooling system in the industry and is the only system that operates up to -40°C to +80°C at full load! This cooling approach provides the lowest thermal resistance to the case while providing the highest shock specifications known in the industry. The SmartView™ is a fan-less system for reliable operation and can be mounted directly to a metal surface or used as a stand-alone system.