Rugged, High Definition Smart Display with Removable Drive
- Ultra-rugged 12.1 inch diagonal screen in 16:10 format with 1280x800 native screen resolution
- Full daylight viewable screen with optional Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS)
- Ultra-rugged “boot-kick” glass for a virtually unbreakable screen (optional)
- Ultra-small and lightweight frame, less than 2 inches thick!
- Anti-glare (AG) and anti-reflective (AR) coatings for crisp display in any light
- Resistive touchscreen with glove and/or stylus operation with EMI shielding (capacitive optional)
- Up to 16 bezel keys for screen control and special functions (customizable and optional)
- Up to 2.4GHz Intel®Quad Core™ i7 Haswell processor with 6MB of L2 Cache
- Up to 32GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory with ECC
- Up to 1TB of fixed SSD for OS boot with secure erase/write protect (optional)
- One fully sealed removable nDrive™ up to 1TB with secure erase/write protect (optional)
- Two Gigabit or 10Gigabit (optional) Ethernet ports with TCP/IP Offloading Engine (TOE)
- One USB 3.0, one USB 2.0 port and two COM ports with RS-232/422/485 options
- Two SAM™ sites for custom I/O (MIL-STD-1553, Wi-Fi/BT, GPS, CANBus, GPIO etc.)
- Full HD-Audio support with onboard 1W mono amplifier
- One DVI output or DVI video input selected via bezel key
- Intel®Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d2) and Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure operation (optional)
- CPU temperature and voltage monitoring for safe operation
- Power, Blackout, Zero, Brightness, NVIS, Video Source, and Shift bezel keys
- Fully compliant to MIL-STD 810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E and IP66/67
- Operates up to - 20°C to +80°C (no heater) or up to -40°C to +80°C (with heater)
- Available in ruggedization levels R3-R5
The RuggedView™ is designed to provide the ultimate rugged computer with an ultra-rugged display for defense and industrial applications. The RuggedView™ is ideal for outdoor applications where it may be fully exposed to rain, sun, dirt, and radiation. The RuggedView™ HD12W-1002 may be ordered from the factory with operating systems such as Windows®, Linux® or VMware® pre-installed. The HD12W-1002 is fully compliant to MIL-STD 810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E and IP66/IP67 optionally.
The RuggedView™ HD12W-1002 integrates the most rugged, crisp 12.1 inch diagonal display with a fourth-generation Core™ i7 processor resulting in the thinnest, most powerful and robust smart display on the market today. It is designed to provide the highest level of workstation performance possible in a fully ruggedized, conduction-cooled, fully sealed system with an ultra-bright display and Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS). The RuggedView™ HD12W-1002 is targeted for applications where a vigorous computer with a rugged display is needed to deliver the best possible stand-alone-system, per dollar and per watt, while utilizing rugged interconnects to provide a fully sealed smart display system that is less than 2 inches thick!
The RuggedView™ HD12W-1002 supports the latest, most power-efficient, Intel® Haswell Quad Core™ i7 processor with Hyper-Threading for a total of 8 logical cores, each operating up to 2.4GHz with the ability to TurboBoost up to 3.4GHz. To harvest this incredible CPU performance, the CPU is coupled with up to 32GB of RAM organized in two banks that support error correcting code (ECC). The ECC RAM provides 2-bit error detection and 1-bit error correction and supports up to 1600 mega-transfers per second (MTS) between CPU and memory. The HD12W-1002 is offered with several screen options in 16:10 format, with or without touchscreen and bezel keys. The display for the HD12W-1002 screen is protected with the most rugged glass available in the market, which can withstand a direct "boot kick" without damaging the display or the touch screen. The HD12W-1002 supports High Definition (HD) of 1280x800 resolution in widescreen format. It is viewable with up to 1200 nits of brightness and supports anti-reflective (AR) and anti-glare (AG) coating for crisp graphics even in direct sunlight. The display also supports NVIS for applications where night vision glasses are used to reduce stress on the viewer. The RuggedView™ HD12W-1002 may optionally be purchased with less robust glass and other optional I/O to meet specific requirements and price points.
The I/O subsystem for the RuggedView™ is designed to support a wide array of standard and custom I/O functions. The standard configuration supports two Gigabit Ethernet ports or an optional two 10Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP Offloading Engine (TOE), one USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 port (2 optional, but lose Audio), two COM ports with RS-232/422/485 options, eight buffered digital I/O lines (optional), one removable sealed nDrive™ SSD (optional) and one internal fixed SSD (each with capacities of up to 1TB and with secure-erase and write-protect options). Additional standard I/O included are audio in/out for headset use and DVI output from the CPU or DVI input from an external source, which can be displayed on the HD12W-1002 screen (bezel key selectable). Up to 16 bezel keys are provided for screen control such as Brightness up/down, NVIS, Blackout, Zero, Power, Video Source and Shift, which can also be used as multi-function keys for custom applications. The RuggedView™ HD12W-1002 may be highly customized via Flex I/O™ to supply additional I/O to connectors easily and cost effectively. Utilizing the two SAM™ sites, additional I/O functions, such as quad video capture, CANbus, MIL-STD-1553, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FireWire, GPS and many other I/O are optionally provided.
The RuggedView™ utilizes the Intel® Quad Core™ i7 Haswell CPU, which is the newest, most powerful, and efficient processor from Intel® with advanced thermal management and graphics. The Haswell Core™ i7 processor supports Hyper-Threading for a total of eight logical cores and supports 6MB of L2 cache shared among the cores. Haswell supports up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM with error correcting code (ECC) and 1600 mega-transfers per second (MTS) between the CPU and RAM. A major improvement of the Haswell processor over the Ivy Bridge Core™ i7 is the graphics performance. The Haswell processor provides three independent video outputs and greater-than-40% improvement in 3D acceleration. Haswell is also coupled with Lynx Point™ and is a fourth-generation Core™ i7 with a fully integrated memory controller for the best memory performance possible. This CPU is considered the workhorse of the workstation market with many added power-saving features and peak performance with controlled thermals, as well as security functions such as Intel’s second-generation Virtualization Technology VT-x, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), and Active Management Technology (AMT) for remote KVM functions. The Haswell platform also supports PCIExpress Gen3, USB 3.0 and SATA 3 for the highest performance possible on a workstation platform. The glass used for the display is highly customizable in performance and ruggedness, dependent on application necessity. The computing engine within the RuggedView™ is upgradeable and is field-serviceable.
The RuggedView™ is equipped with GMS' patent pending RuggedCool™ technology, which is the most unique cooling system in the industry and is the only system that operates up to -40°C to +80°C at full load (-20°C to +75°C standard)! This cooling approach provides the lowest thermal resistance to the case while providing the highest shock specifications known in the industry. The RuggedView™ is a fan-less system for reliable operation and can be mounted directly to a metal surface or used as a stand-alone system.