Rugged, Compact, High Definition Touchscreen Display
- Ultra-small, lightweight and 1.75-inch thick dimensions
- Ultra-rugged 12.1-inch diagonal screen
- 16:10 aspect ratio with WXGA 1280 x 800 native resolution
- Full daylight viewable screen greater than 800 nits
- 16.7 million display colors and greater than 150˚ viewing angle
- Color gamut 50% (min.) NTSC; Contrast 500:1 (min.); Luminance range 20:1 (min.)
- Optional Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) compatible to MIL-STD-3009
- Optional ultra-rugged “boot-kick” glass for a virtually unbreakable screen
- Anti-glare (AG) and anti-reflective (AR) coatings for crisp display in any light
- Optional polarizer and water rejection coatings
Touch Screen and I/O
- Resistive touchscreen with glove and/or stylus operation with EMI shielding
- Optional multi-point projected capacitive, multi-point resistive or infrared touch
- Optional stylus, attached via cable
- Inputs are: one DVI-D, VGA, DisplayPort and HD-SDI (BNC connector), selected via bezel key
- Output is: one uncompressed, long-reach HD-SDI (SMPTE 292M) for loopback (programmable)
- One 100 Mbits/s Ethernet and USB 2.0 port for touchscreen and remote viewing operation
- Five standard bezel buttons (custom configuration optional)
- VESA (standard) or nearly-flush panel mount options with available stylus holder
- I/O connectors available in either MIL-circular or commercial interfaces
SWaP-E (Size, Weight and Power – Efficiency)
- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461F, up to IP66 compliant
- Operates over -20°C to +70°C (no heater) or over -40°C to +70°C (with optional heater)
- Ultra-low SWaP at 13" x 9" x 1.75", @ 8.6lbs. and as low as 6W (blackout mode) or 20W (nom.)
- Power input: 24 – 28VDC
- Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5
Additionally, the D12 is offered with several screen options in 16:10 format, with or without touchscreen and bezel keys. The standard touch screen is resistive, which is the most common type of touchscreen for rugged environments due to its reliability and ability to work with gloves. However, D12 can be optionally equipped with multi-touch projected capacitive, resistive or infrared touchscreen panels, depending on the intended application environment.
The display for D12 screen is protected with the most robust glass available in the market, which can withstand a direct "boot kick" without damaging the display or the touch screen. The D12 supports WXGA High Definition (HD) at 1280 x 800 resolution and is sunlight readable with 800 nits (cd/m2, typ.) of brightness. RuggedView™ also supports optional display coatings to maximize the screen readability and clarity in wet, bright or multi light source environments: anti-reflective (AR), anti-glare (AG), polarizer and water-rejection coatings. The display also optionally supports NVIS MIL-STD-3009, which reduces eye strain in applications where night vision glasses are used. The RuggedView™ D12 may also optionally be purchased with less robust glass to meet specific requirements and price points.
The I/O subsystem for the RuggedView™ is designed to support a wide array of standard functions. The standard video inputs are one VGA (1024 x 768), DVI-D (1920 x 1080p), DisplayPort (1920 x 1080p) and HD-SDI (SMPTE 292M). D12 also can output (for loopback) one channel of HD-SDI with a simple button press. For remote control and touchscreen operation, RuggedView™ is equipped with one USB 2.0 and one 100 Mbits/s Ethernet port. D12 can take MIL-STD-1275 input power with a nominal voltage of 28VDC for operation in “dirty” vehicle power.
The bezel comes with five standard buttons, but is also customizable. The five bezel buttons are for Power, Video Input Source selection, NVIS and Brightness up/down controls. Custom bezel buttons can be configured to surround the display or have custom logic functions. An eight button bezel is optional.
D12 can be VESA-, surface- or flush-mounted (“panel mount”), and I/O connectors can emerge from the bottom or side (optional), depending upon the mount. Available connectors come in military-style circular (“38999”) or commercial configuration.