Rugged, Sealed, Removable Conduction Cooled U.2 I/O Card with Thunderbolt™ 3 via USB-C, M.2 NVMe SSD and SAM I/O
- Removable U.2 form factor with NVMe interface supporting four lanes PCIe Gen 3
- Dual Thunderbolt™ 3 via USB-C
- Up to 40 Gbps data transfer
- Up to 27 W power delivery for each USB-C interface
- USB 2.0 and USB 3.1 sideband channel per USB-C interface
- Daisy chain capability
- Optional locking connector (lose dual Type-C)
- Optional fixed M.2 SSD (optional encrypt/Secure Erase/Write Protect)
- M.2 site may also be substituted for I/O via HD-BNC connector
- One SAM I/O site for custom I/O
- HD-BNC or standards-specific connector for MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, Wi-Fi/BT, GPS, etc.
- Voltage/Temperature Monitoring Sensor on I2C bus
- 12V and 3.3V power input
SWaP-E (Size, Weight and Power - Efficiency)
- Industry's only U.2 module for TB 3 and expansion I/O utilizing NVMe interface (x4 PCIe Gen 3 lanes)
- Ultra-low SWaP at 2.6" x 0.5" x 4.0" (w x h x d), @ 0.5 lbs. and as low as 10 W - MIL-STD-810G, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E, IP64 compliant
- Operates up to extended temp -20°C to +75°C (Optional)
- Available in ruggedization levels R1-R3
Thunderbolt™ 3 is standard to Matrix, but can also be configured with SAM I/O and M.2 sites. TB3 provides on each USB-C interface: up to 27 W bi-directional power, up to 40 Gbps data transfer and USB 2.0/USB 3.1. SAM I/O supports either a standards-specific connector or an HD-BNC interface for I/O such as frame grabbers (1080p60Hz or Analog), MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, Wi-Fi/BT, GPS, etc. The M.2 site can support either one SSD or I/O expansion via one HD-BNC connector. In addition, Matrix can offer one locking USB-C connector.
There are four standard variants of the Matrix, 1) v1 which offers two TB3 and two 3G-SDI Video Capture inputs, 2) v2 which offers two TB3, one M.2 SSD, and one SMA for RF I/O, 3) v3 which offers two TB3, one M.2 SSD and mini D-type connector, and 4) v4 one locking USB-C TB3.