Rugged, Fully Sealed, Conduction Cooled Lossless Multi-Channel Composite Video to GigE Vision Video Encoder/Processor
- Input channels accept cameras or other video sources (up to 8)
- Up to 8 input channels of lossless NTSC composite video (up to 4 encoder modules, 2 channels each)
- Each channel is converted to the AIA GigE Vision protocol for lowest latency between camera and display
- Each input can be independently enabled or disabled by the user, plus “auto start”
- Each video channel can be configured for color, monochrome operation or de-interlaced operation
- Up to 4 Gigabit Ethernet output ports with two encoded channels per port using GigE Vision (30Hz, progressive scan, uncompressed; per NTSC and RS-170)
- Each Ethernet port is configurable to use DHCP addressing or manually configured for IP address, net mask and gateway.
- Each output port can support two multi-cast addresses
- Up to 8 bi-directional RS-232 serial channels for camera control to the Host system (2 per encoder module)
- Each serial channel is configurable for IP port address, Baud rate, serial device assignment name, retry timeout and maximum number of retries
- GigE Vision output ports, protocol and status control can be managed using COTS software such as from Pleora (GEVPlayer) or other packages compatible with GigE Vision, the UDP protocol, and GVCP/GVSP
- Remote configuration via telnet for each video encoder module for system management and status
- LED status for power, Ethernet traffic, video and Ethernet link status
- +28VDC nominal power input with MIL-STD-1275D power conditioning
SWaP-E (Size, Power and Weight – Efficiency)
- Industry’s greatest video encoder density, input channels and lossless video distribution in one footprint
- Ultra-low SWaP at 5.4” x 5.4” x 6.0” (w x h x d), @ 7.5 lbs. (size/weight for 8CV) and as low as 10W
- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E, IP66 compliant
- Operates up to extended temp -40°C to +85°C (Optional)
- Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5
The MCVE02-01 “Meteorite” is a high-performance video encoder/distribution system with up to 8 channels of NTSC video inputs. “Meteorite” is an ideal forwardly-deployed vehicle-mounted battlefield video encoder/distribution system that offers greatest reliability in the smallest packaging. Applications include surveillance, sensor-to-shooter, counter/interdiction, and C4ISR. It can also be used in industrial and commercial platforms. The small form factor chassis can be mounted virtually anywhere—including on telephone poles and powered by solar panels to form an outside surveillance MUX or Internet-of-Things (IoT) appliance. The MCVE02-01 is fully compliant to MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461E and has ingress protection up to IP66.
The MCVE02-01 supports up to eight video inputs in NTSC Composite Video format, with two video inputs being supported by each video encoder module subsystem. Standard versions of the “Meteorite” are offered with either 6 or 8 channels, although 2 and 4 channels can be available as variant options in a smaller chassis. Each encoder sub-system is based on a Texas Instruments DaVinci Video Processor System on a Chip (SoC) for the greatest processing, encoding and reliability.
This DSP-based encoding sub-system minimizes latency to under a frame (< 33ms) between the source input and the output to the GigE port. This near real-time video processing rivals other video encoder/distribution systems that can add several frames’ worth of delay. Applications include surveillance, sensor-to-shooter, counter/interdiction, and C4ISR.
Each input channel can be independently enabled or disabled and can also be configured for color or monochrome operation, as well as de-interlace method. In addition, each video sub-system supports serial interface drivers, dynamic random access memory (DRAM), program memory, and GMS-proven point-of-load power supplies.
The MCVE02-01 system also supports up to four Gigabit Ethernet ports, the GigE Vision protocol per the Automated Imaging Association (AIA), and up to eight RS-232 serial ports for camera/Host control. Each Ethernet output port provides two channels of encoded video (30Hz progressive scan video without compression) and is configurable to use DHCP addressing, or can be manually configured for IP address, subnet mask, and gateway. A single multicast address can also be assigned to each interface. Each RS-232 channel is capable of bi-directional communication for Camera Control. Configurable parameters include the IP port address, Baud rate, and a serial device assignment name. Also configurable are the retry timeout, and maximum number of retries.
“Meteorite” can be managed remotely through a configuration utility using telnet, one session per two-channel module. This configuration interface can be used to access system status and to start/stop the streaming from the two video ports associated with that subsystem. The configuration interface is also used to force an update of previously configured settings, and to also write the configuration information to flash memory to set a new boot-up configuration. Finally, the interface can also be used to command a reboot/restart of each individual sub-system.
The MCVE02-01 system provides LED indicators for video input channels via a tri-color LED located on the front panel. The status indicator shows power supply status, video link status, Ethernet link status, and Ethernet traffic.
Each encoder module within the MCVE02-01 system uses flash memory to store all operating system and application files. The flash memory is also used to store various operating parameters of the system (network configuration, serial ports for camera control, and so on). However, the MCVE02-01 does not support video recording functionality and includes neither mass storage devices nor recording-related capability(ies). Other GMS products can be used with “Meteorite” to facilitate recording and storage.
Full Environmental Specs
“Meteorite” is available in ruggedization levels R1-R5. Additional information regarding the ruggedization levels and full environmental specifications for this product can be found on our website at www.gms4sbc.com/technologies/ruggedization.