TITAN, Thunder, and Lightning Strike Gold for General Micro Systems (GMS) at AUSA 2019
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA, October 21, 2019 – A trio of new General Micro Systems products won Best of Show from Military Embedded Systems magazine this week at the Association for the United States Army (AUSA) conference. TITAN, the first sealed, fanless and conduction-cooled rackmount server with artificial intelligence (AI) and mil-circular (38999) connectors for superior ruggedness, won in the Embedded Computers category; the S422-SW Thunder server family won in Rugged Computers, and the X422 Lightning mobile system won in AI.
“We’re extremely proud that these new products were recognized for what we know they are – among the most innovative, rugged, and reliable technologies available for the battlefield today,” said Ben Sharfi, chief architect and CEO, General Micro Systems. “The TITAN and Lightning servers and the Thunder coprocessor provide varying degrees of performance and size along with artificial intelligence and conduction-cooling capabilities to reliably run the next-gen applications designed to ensure our military can compete and win any fight.”
The award-winning trifecta of servers, all designed, sourced, and manufactured in America, comprises:
- TITAN: In addition to being sealed, fanless, and conduction cooled, this 10-slot configurable rackmount server uses up to four of Intel’s latest 2nd-gen Scalable Xeon®processors, with all features coming together in a 1U or 2U chassis to provide the performance, mil-spec reliability, and complete silence required for extremely rugged battlefield environments.
- S422-SW Thunder: Also offering conduction cooling, the S422 is a conduction-cooled, fanless, rugged, low-cost Intel Xeon® E5 server operating over –40°C to +85°C. It is ideal for applications that require the horsepower of a high-performance server with 30-port enterprise-class LAN or a NAS subsystem appliance, while deployed into a rugged platform with no fans required.
- X422 Lightning: The X422-AI is a fanless, fully rugged, cascadable coprocessor system, configured as an AI algorithm engine when equipped with dual NVIDIA® V100 general-purpose graphics processing units (GPGPU) boasting over 400 TFLOPS.
The Thunder and Lightning can be used separately or combined, bringing a massive amount of server processing power, 10/40/100 Gigabit networking ports for sensors, and GPGPU AI to the battlefield for the first time in two shoebox-sized rugged chassis designed to survive the harshest conditions where regular rackmount servers cannot.
• TITAN high-resolution image: https://www.gms4sbc.com/press/titan
• TITAN datasheet: https://www.gms4sbc.com/products/servers/item/titan
• S422 high-resolution images: https://www.gms4sbc.com/press/S422
• S422 datasheet: https://www.gms4sbc.com/press/S422/thunder
• X422 high-resolution image: https://www.gms4sbc.com/press/X422
• X422 datasheet: https://www.gms4sbc.com/press/X422/lightning
About General Micro Systems:
General Micro Systems (GMS) is the rugged server company. The company is known as the industry expert in highest-density, modular, compute-intensive, and rugged small form-factor embedded computing systems, servers, and switches. These powerful systems are ideal for demanding C4ISR defense, aerospace, medical, industrial, and energy exploration applications. GMS is an IEC, ISO, AS9100, NIST-800-171, and MIL-SPEC supplier with infrastructure and operations for long-life, spec-controlled, and configuration-managed programs. Designed from the ground up to provide the highest performance and functionality in the harshest environments on the planet, the company’s highly customizable products include GMS Rugged DNA™ with patented RuggedCool™ cooling technology. GMS is also the leader in deployable high-end Intel® processors and a proud Intel® partner since 1986. For more information, visit www.gms4sbc.com
General Micro Systems and the General Micro Systems logo are trademarks of General Micro Systems, Inc. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. ©2019 General Micro Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.