Rugged, Fully Sealed, Intel® Xeon® E5 CPU Server with Removable Drive(s), 40/100 Gb Ethernet, 10 Gb Ethernet Switch, and Add-in I/O
- Intel® Xeon® E5 v4 CPU up to 22 cores (E5-2699RV4)
- Hyper-Threading on each core for total system with 44 logical cores
- Supports up to 512 GB of DDR4 RAM with ECC
- Up to two fixed M.2 for OS boot or storage (Optionally used for I/O)
- 30 port x10 GbE ports (enterprise switch or segregated subnets)
- Up to four 2.5" SATA SSDs (or one NVMe and up to 3 SATA SSDs) behind EMI/IP-rated door
- GMS FlexVPX™ x16 PCIe Gen 3.0 8 Gbits/s fabric expansion architecture for inter-chassis co-processor sub-rack
- SSD drives support optional encrypt/Secure Erase/Write Protect
- x8 PCIe add-in card slot for GPGPU, co-processor, I/O (FHFL size)
- Optional PCIe-over-cable bus extension for chassis expansion to external PCIe co-processors such as GMS X422
- Optional MXM AMD® Radeon® GPU E8860, up to 768 GFLOPS
- Optional MXM NVIDIA® Quadro® GPU M2200M, up to 1.32 TFLOPS
- Optional MXM NVIDIA® Quadro P5200, up to 8.7 TFLOPS- BMC status monitor with IPMI 2.0
- GMS SecureDNA™ security suite with Secure Erase (“zero”), Anti-Tamper, Write Protect
- Quad 40 GbE ports for non-blocking data movement
- 310 W PoE+ to drive sensors and remote nodes
I/O AND EXPANSION OPTIONS
- Three 1 GbE Ethernet ports
- Four 40/100 GbE ports
- Optional Layer 2/3/4 Switch with thirty 10 GbE ports and four 40 GbE ports (SW only)
- Optional 30 segregated and secure 10 GbE ports and four 40 GbE ports for individual subnets (RT only)
- Up to two fixed mSATA SSD or SAM I/O™
- Optional XMC/FMC site or third SAM I/O™ site
- Optional MXM site for add-in GPU
- Optional PCIe GPGPU or other FHFL PCIe add-in card (AI only)
- Optional PCIe-over cable bus expansion
- Two M.2 sites optionally used for I/O
- Three USB 3.0 ports
- Dual serial ports: RS-232/422/485
- Eight TTL GPIO/DIO
- High-definition audio with 5 W amplifier, plus mic input
- Panic support for system zeroize and Secure Erase
|S422-LC||Low Cost||240W||2.25”||13.0”||8.0”||16 lbs|
|S422-AI||Artificial Intellligence||925W||4.25”||13.0”||8.0”||21 lbs|
MIL-STD: MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, MIL-STD-461F, DO-160D, IP67 compliant
Temperature: Operates up to extended temp -40° C to +85° C (Optional)
Ruggedness: Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5
Thunder is an ideal forwardly-deployed vehicle-mounted battlefield/airborne/shipboard server/switch/router/NAS/artificial intelligence computer that offers the highest density of computing power in the smallest fully-sealed, rugged package. When equipped with the router or intelligent Layer 2/3/4 Ethernet switch, Thunder becomes a rugged compact server, with a dedicated switch or router capabilities to offer maximum network flexibility.
Networking is handled through four 40 GbE ports and thirty 10 GbE ports. The 10 GbE ports can be configured with a Broadcom® Layer 2/3/4 enterprise class switch (SW) or as segregated and secure port connections each with their own subnet mask to avoid data crossover (RT). In the RT every Ethernet port is directly coupled to the CPU, an architecture that is ideal for secure communications or dedicated hypervisor/virtual environments.
Network routing technology includes software-defined networking (SDN) on various operating systems and virtual machine (VM) hypervisor environments. Each of the 10 GbE ports support power-over-Ethernet (PoE+) to directly power remote nodes while simplifying wiring requirements, up to 310 W maximum total power sourced.
Integrated support is available for a lower power commercial General-Purpose Graphics Processing Unit (GPGPU), full size and height, for applications where large data processing tasks are required. The integrated GPGPU can “link” with other external GPGPUs, such as GMS’s companion X422 Co-Processor, via the PCIe 3.0 bus expansion feature. This bus expansion provides flexibility to upscale computing resources to match application computing requirements.
Since its inception in 1979, General Micro Systems, Inc. (GMS) has been true to its mission statement: To Become the World’s Leading Technology Independent Supplier of Computing Engines, while Providing the Best Price/Performance, Quality and Customer Support, Demanded by Our Current and Our Future Customers.
All GMS products are proudly designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
General Micro Systems, Inc.
8358 Maple Pl. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
Local (909) 980-4863
Toll Free (800) 307-4863