Rugged, Fully Sealed, Low Cost, Dual Intel® Xeon® E5 CPU Server and Switch with Removable Drive(s)
- Intel® Xeon® Broadwell-EP CPUs with up to 18 cores
- Supports up to 128 GB of DDR4 memory with ECC
- Optional fixed SSD for OS boot (Optional Secure erase/Write protect/Encryption)
- One removable 2.5” SATA or NVMe SSD
- 12x 1Gb Ethernet ports and Layer 2/ 3 switch
- Personal Profile Module™ (PPM) uses SD card authentication
- Optional AMD® Radeon® GPU E8860, up to 768 GFLOPS
- Web GUI and SNMP mgmt. interfaces via Gigabit Ethernet/COM
- Supports Layer 2/3 software routing functions with customizable rules
- Very low latency, VLAN support, QoS/differentiated services
- Security for authentication, authorization, multicast and spanning tree
- Support for Multicast IPv4, IPv6 with IGMPv2/3 snooping and MLD
- Internal memory with jumbo frame, DHCP client, and SNMP
I/O AND EXPANSION OPTIONS
- One 10 Gb Ethernet port
- 12x 1 Gb Ethernet ports with Layer 2/ 3 switch
- Three USB 2.0 ports
- Two Serial ports with RS-232/422/485 options
- One VGA video out
- 1x 10 GbE port for inter-/intra-system backhaul
- 12x 1 GbE ports, each with separate connector
- Intelligent Layer 2/ 3 Ethernet switch with 128 MB DRAM
- SD card slot for portable or crypto key storage and authentication
- 16 MB fl ash BIOS with optional write-protect/secure erase
- Panic support for system Zeroize via Secure Erase
SWaP-E: Unmatched computing density (cores and RAM) in the industry
Size: 11.75” x 7.75” x 3”
Weight: 11 lbs. max.
Power: 180 W max.
MIL-STD: MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, MIL-STD-461F, DO-160D, up to IP67 compliant
Temperature: Operates up to extended temp -40° C to +85° C (Optional)
Ruggedness: Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5
The S402-NV “Tiger” is a third-generation, fully rugged, low cost dual socket Intel® Xeon® E5 server. It is designed to provide the highest level of server-class performance possible in a fully ruggedized, conduction-cooled system, operating up to -40° C to +85° C. Tiger simplifies local data processing tasks that require an ultra-fast, multi-CPU server with vast amounts of high-speed, ECC-protected RAM and storage in one ultra-rugged chassis.
S402-NV is ideal for the application that requires the horsepower of a high-performance rack mount server, but needs to deploy the system in an ultra rugged, fanless environment with only passive cooling.
The Tiger is an 8- to 18-core dual Xeon® E5 server intended for commercial, industrial, military, defense, and aerospace applications with greatest SWaP-Efficiency (SWaP-E) on the market due to its compact size and robust computing and I/O performance. Tiger is an ideal forwardly-deployed vehicle-mounted battlefield/airborne/shipboard server that offers greatest reliability in the smallest packaging. Tiger can also be used in industrial and commercial platforms since it has server-class performance, significant networking options, exceptional I/O capabilities and removable storage.
The S402-NV is fully compliant to MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, DO-160D, MIL-STD-461F and has ingress protection up to IP67. This system may also be ordered from the factory with operating systems such as Windows® or Linux® pre-installed.
Since its inception in 1979, General Micro Systems, Inc. (GMS) has been true to its mission statement: To Become the World’s Leading Technology Independent Supplier of Computing Engines, while Providing the Best Price/Performance, Quality and Customer Support, Demanded by Our Current and Our Future Customers.
All GMS products are proudly designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
General Micro Systems, Inc.
8358 Maple Pl. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
Local (909) 980-4863
Toll Free (800) 307-4863