Rugged, High-Performance Conduction-Cooled 3U OpenVPX SBC with Intel® Xeon® E3 CPU
- 3.0 GHz Intel® Xeon® E3 (Kaby Lake, 7th Gen Core™) (E3-15xxM V6)
- Up to 64GB of DDR4 memory with ECC
- Three-head Intel® HD Graphics P630 with GT2
- Support for DirectX 11/12, OpenGL 4.3/4.4, ES 2.0, and OCL 2.x
- Optional mSATA SSD for OS boot
- Two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports
- Two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP Offloading Engine
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d)
- Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Encryption and security via Intel® AES-NI encryption and TPM
I/O AND EXPANSION OPTIONS
- Two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports with TCP/IP Offloading Engine
- One buffered SATA port
- Line-In, Headphone-Out, and Mic-In
- Two Serial Ports with RS-232/422/485 options
- Four buffered GPIO lines with interrupt capabilities
- One USB port to front for diagnostics and configuration
- One SAM™ site for custom I/O (MIL-STD-1553, GPS, etc.)
- CPU temperature and voltage monitoring for safe operation
- Two x4 PCIe lanes, configurable as transparent or blocking
- Two x1 PCIe lanes to VPX-P2 for additional system I/O
- Fully compliant to OpenVPX 3U, VITA 46/47/48 standards
- +3.3V, +5V and +12V operation
- Two USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0
SWaP-E: Greatest computing density in one 3U OpenVPX card
Size: 3U at 1.0-inch pitch
Weight: 5 lbs.
Power: As low as 60 W
MIL-STD: MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-S-901D, MIL-STD-461F and DO-160D
Temperature: Operates up to extended temp -40°C to +85°C (Optional)
Ruggedness: Available in ruggedization levels R1-R5
The VPXC120 “Sparrow” is a sixth-generation 3U OpenVPX SBC module based on GMS’s upgradable CPU “computing engine” technology. It is designed to provide the highest level of workstation performance possible in a conduction-cooled, single-slot OpenVPX module. It may be operated in all OpenVPX backplanes compliant to VITA 46/47/48 backplanes/chassis at 1.0-inch pitch. The Sparrow is the highest performance OpenVPX SBC in the market with vast I/O and an upgradable CPU for extended life cycles.
Sparrow is equipped with the latest, most power-efficient Intel® Kaby Lake-H workstation processor with Hyper-Threading for a total of up to four physical cores (eight logical cores) operating up to 3.0 GHz and using Intel’s Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 4.0 GHz. To harvest this incredible CPU performance, the CPU is coupled with up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM organized in two banks with ECC support. These Kaby Lake Xeon® E3 cores coupled with Sparrow’s I/O can be used to create multiple virtual machines (VMs) allowing a single Sparrow card to replace up to 8 separate single-processor systems.
The Sparrow is designed to provide the ultimate OpenVPX SBC to replace multiple legacy OpenVPX SBCs (x86 or PowerPC™) with a single SBC utilizing Intel’s Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d2). Furthermore, with the Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), the SBC is secure from unauthorized boot devices and unauthorized replications of the system.
The VPXC120 is ideal for defense applications, where investments have been made on an OpenVPX platform and where true hard “Real Time” is required. No other bus architecture can provide this hard “Real Time” performance like OpenVPX and its switched serial backplane. The Sparrow may be ordered from the factory with operating systems such as Windows® or Linux® pre-installed.
Since its inception in 1979, General Micro Systems, Inc. (GMS) has been true to its mission statement: To Become the World’s Leading Technology Independent Supplier of Computing Engines, while Providing the Best Price/Performance, Quality and Customer Support, Demanded by Our Current and Our Future Customers.
All GMS products are proudly designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
General Micro Systems, Inc.
8358 Maple Pl. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
Local (909) 980-4863
Toll Free (800) 307-4863