Dual-Slot, Workstation I/O Mezzanine Companion Board to VME200
SYSTEM HIGHLIGHTS (SBC + WSIO)
- Intel® Xeon® D with up to 16 Cores (12-core standard) (D-15xx)
- Up to 64 GB of DDR4 memory with ECC
- Optional fixed mSATA SSD for OS boot
- One PCI-X/16-Lane XMC site with rear I/O or 2.5” SATA drive
- One USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports to front
- Four USB 2.0 to rear on P2
- Tundra® Universe II™ VME bridge chip
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d)
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Encryption and security via Intel® AES-NI encryption and TPM 2.0
I/O AND EXPANSION OPTIONS (WITH SBC)
- Two front panel 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Two rear Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Four buffered SATA ports with Intel® RSTe RAID support
- Line-In, Headphone-Out, and Mic-In
- Four Serial Ports with RS-232/422/485 options on P2
- One DVI or one VGA video line to front panel
- Super I/O plus COM port to front panel
- Sixteen buffered GPIO lines with interrupt capabilities on P2
- Workstation I/O (WSIO) for additional custom I/O
- 32 MB of BIOS Flash for system parameters and user data
- VME64 or VME64x support via Tundra® Universe II™
- 3-Row or 5-Row interconnect options
- Compliant with ANSI VITA-1.1, VITA 31.1, VITA 39, and VITA 42
- Single +5V operation
I/O AND EXPANSION OPTIONS (WSIO MEZZANINE)
- Three expansion sites for PMC/XMC/MXM:
- One MXM site for GPU with dual VGA (optional sync-on-green)
- One PMC 133 MHz 64-bit and two PMC 100 MHz 64-bit sites
- Two XMC x8 PCIe sites
- One Audio out 3 W amplifier
- 3-Row or 5-Row interconnect options
- Optional P0 I/O
SWaP-E: Greatest computing density in one 6U VME card
Size: 6U, dual slot at 0.8-inch pitch
Weight: 3 lbs.
Power: As low as 60 W
MIL-STD: MIL-STD-810G, MIL-S-901D, MIL-STD-461F and DO-160D
Temperature: Operates up to extended temp -20°C to +75°C (Optional)
Ruggedness: Available in ruggedization levels R1-R3
SYSTEM OVERVIEW (SBC + WSIO)
Mated to the Great Albatross VME200 SBC basecard, the VME200-WSIO “Great Albatross Plus” is the first of its kind Intel® Xeon® D 6U VME SBC module based on GMS’s upgradable CPU “computing engine” technology. It is designed to provide the highest level of server performance possible in a ruggedized, dual-slot VME card. It may be operated in all VME 0.8 pitch backplanes in VME64 or VME64x form factors with 3-row or 5-row connectors or an optional P0 interconnect. The Great Albatross single-board computer is the highest performance VME SBC in the market with vast I/O options and an upgradable CPU for extended life cycle applications.
When the Workstation I/O (WSIO) mezzanine is added to the SBC, the two-slot assembly adds up to 3x PMC, 2x XMC, and 1x MXM.
Great Albatross supports the latest, most power-efficient Intel® Xeon® processor D with Hyper-Threading for a total of up to 16 physical cores (32 logical cores) operating up to 1.5 GHz and having the ability to Turbo Boost up to 2.1 GHz. To harvest this incredible performance, the CPU is coupled with up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM organized in two banks with ECC support. All these Xeon® D cores coupled with Great Albatross Plus’s I/O can be used to create multiple virtual machines (VMs) replacing up to 32 separate single-processor systems.
Great Albatross is designed to provide the ultimate and first-of-its-kind micro-server class VME SBC replacement of multiple legacy VME SBCs (x86 or PowerPC™) with a single SBC utilizing Intel’s Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d2). Furthermore, with the Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), the SBC is secure from unauthorized boot devices and unauthorized replications of the system.
The VME200-WSIO is ideal for data centers, factory automation, medical, and defense applications, where big investments have been made on a VME platform and where true hard “Real Time” is required. No other bus architecture can provide this hard “Real Time” performance like VME. The Great Albatross may be ordered from the factory with operating systems such as Windows®, Linux®, or RTOS pre-installed.
Since its inception in 1979, General Micro Systems, Inc. (GMS) has been true to its mission statement: To Become the World’s Leading Technology Independent Supplier of Computing Engines, while Providing the Best Price/Performance, Quality and Customer Support, Demanded by Our Current and Our Future Customers.
All GMS products are proudly designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
General Micro Systems, Inc.
8358 Maple Pl. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
Local (909) 980-4863
Toll Free (800) 307-4863